2017 world cup discussion

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
There's a reputation to be upheld now, your goal is at least second place. ;)
It seems they got wind of Moorey's collar bone in round one. They've had plenty of experience with them and went on a go slow in sympathy.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's how they've always done it. I think it's a combination of not being able to have cameras along the entire track, and having to work around the way the race is scheduled. Isn't it something like thirty seconds between starts?
Yeah or a minute, either way.. They usually have a few more cameras so there isn't as a big jump between sections.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Go Tracey!

And bro styles it up as always:

Something tells me Moir's mechanic can't really test-ride Jack's bike:

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm riding with a pair of Jack's old knee pads. Look out KOB round 2.....
I've touched him. It didn't make me any taller, more handsome, or better on a bike. I feel so...underwhelmed. However I touched him before he was achieving so much awesomeness overseas. I'm going to have to claim some credit for his continuous surge to the top since!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Yeah or a minute, either way.. They usually have a few more cameras so there isn't as a big jump between sections.
Their coverage of Fort William is better than it used to be, at least. Back in the Freecaster days, I used to think it was basically a grey gravel path all the way to the bottom.

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know where to find the overall standings so far? It would be good to know where everyone is after so much inconsistency between the top 20 in the first 2 rounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Silly Q...maybe...why are more points allocated for Bill than Lourdes? I always assumed each round was worth the same.
Qualifying. Minnaar qualied first, and won. 200 for a win, 50 for first in qualis.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
LOOOOOOOONG way to go to come anywhere near Nico

Oh boy, this is a seriously tough thing to discuss. Nico Vouilloz is good, was great in that time and would still kick butt in today's standards but is he the best ever? I don't reckon he is, it may sound a bit biased coming from an Aussie but I think Sam Hill's incredible years set the benchmark for what the greatest downhiller of all time should be. In more recent times, Aaron Gwin did the same thing by totally annihilating the field by big margins and made everyone catch up. Actually, Nico did the same so it is bloody hard to say any of them is better than the other..............................Greg Minaar is though. The win count and the length of time he's been winning speaks for itself. He's got to be considered the greatest, he's still a chilled guy kicking goals and beating these younger guys at the same game he's been doing for a long time. Very tough to call though!

moorey

call me Mia
Oh boy, this is a seriously tough thing to discuss. Nico Vouilloz is good, was great in that time and would still kick butt in today's standards but is he the best ever? I don't reckon he is, it may sound a bit biased coming from an Aussie but I think Sam Hill's incredible years set the benchmark for what the greatest downhiller of all time should be. In more recent times, Aaron Gwin did the same thing by totally annihilating the field by big margins and made everyone catch up. Actually, Nico did the same so it is bloody hard to say any of them is better than the other..............................Greg Minaar is though. The win count and the length of time he's been winning speaks for itself. He's got to be considered the greatest, he's still a chilled guy kicking goals and beating these younger guys at the same game he's been doing for a long time. Very tough to call though!
I'm inclined to agree. Minnaar isn't always the most thrilling to watch, but so consistent, and so enduring. Also been willing to try new technology.
Nico was just finishing up as I really got into DH, so I might be a bit biased too.
We've seen numerous GOAT contenders pop up in the last 15 years. Minnaar is still beating them all.

Last edited:

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
tracey nearly ate the dirt off the road gap o_O
She looked like she was walking a bit stiff at the end. Good chance it was from having the saddle rammed up her butt when she cased that gap so hard!!

Great ride from her though on a brutal track. Great win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Presumably to stop people from sandbagging there start time?
Makes sense. Although it could swing either way. Fort B looked to get a bit easier for the final riders in the woods (not just that they were better riders), as opposed to Lourdes shit storm mid race.