2017 world cup discussion

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Feel bad for Greg.

Would have preferred to see Gwin's race run than Minaar's rim run.

Peiron's run was one of the best runs to watch out of the whole year.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
What a brutal track. Well done Tahnee and Aaron!

I nearly cried watching Minaar limp down the track on his bare rim, then have to walk the last couple hundred metres.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
An awesome season with a pretty brutal finish. Greg was unlucky, Gwin was just flying though!
I actually had a moment in Gwin's run when I realised that if Gwin binned it and fisnished 3426253563th, Troy Brosnan was going to be series champ. Take note of that kids, being consistent can get you the big one. ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ Would've made him the Stephen Bradbury of the bike world...

I've watched a few of the racer's helmet cams and holy wow powers!!! those guys are cooking. Given how flat those cameras make the terrain look, this trail must have been off the charts gnarly in the flesh, as it still looks fucked up off the helmet camera.

It looked like Troy Brosnan really sent it off those last couple of jumps out in the open.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
chuck up some links for the head cams, can ya?

I though the UCI banned them after Schumacher axed himself.

moorey

call me Mia
Where was Conor Fearon? Is he out injured?
I think his hand would have been good enough to allow a run, but he is saving it for the world champs. On that track, who could blame him. Mick also opted out, what with Cairns coming up.
I bet Tracey wouldn't have raced had she not been in contention for the overall.

moorey

call me Mia
An awesome season with a pretty brutal finish. Greg was unlucky, Gwin was just flying though!
I actually had a moment in Gwin's run when I realised that if Gwin binned it and fisnished 3426253563th, Troy Brosnan was going to be series champ. Take note of that kids, being consistent can get you the big one. ;)
Was also torn. No question the AG deserved the win....but in the back of my mind...and with Gwin not knowing about Greg's issues...and believing he needed the win to take the cup....anything can happen in a race run.
Troy's consistency is the key, even Felix sees that, and says that he knows he (Felix) could go slightly faster in race runs, but wants to keep it clean.
Troy may never be the GOAT, but it's pretty hard to imagine him not racking up a couple of World Cup overalls before he's done.