2017 world cup discussion

Beej1

Got nuthin. Just 'Awaiting Replay'.

Meh ... was a gamble anyway as the pills are starting to kick in....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Worked perfectly on my Xbox 360 app, stopped once or twice but that was the housemates chewing bandwidth.

Not gonna stay up for mens though, an hour between races seems a bit much. They're now just replaying the women's one now.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Replies from RedBullTV support:

hanks for contacting Red Bull TV Support! Your feedback is incredibly important to us as we strive to develop a best-in-class entertainment experience. If you are reaching out to us about UCI Mountain Bike World Cup Finals.

Right now we are all hands on deck to get this fixed so you can get back to watching all the exciting action. We should be fixed up pretty soon!
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Red Bull TV Support.

We're currently aware of the issue with UCI Mountain Bike World Cup in Lourdes, France and are actively working to resolve it. Please hang tight!

As of now the Women's DH Finals are already over.

Men's DH Finals will start at 01 PM UTC
(11 PM AEST)

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Well I watched at least ten women going down the hill so you are wrong. The reason I missed Tracey was because the telecast froze.
I stand corrected and the crow is currently in the oven getting ready to be eaten ;)

The Replay came up for me at about 10:10pm, perfect timing to watch the Women and now a quick break to grab some more beer for the Men's!

Actually really impressed that they've opened up the broadcast more to include more of the Women's racing. My other half love it too!

WIlla 29'er win the Men's tonight? Who knows, but my money is on the Direct To Public brands to pull it out :)

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Telecast is working on my computer, but not on my TV.

If I wanted to sit at my desk to watch the thing, I could've saved a bunch of money.

#FirstWorldProblems

Beej1

Man ... looks like the slowest qualifiers are gonna get the advantage and win. Look how crap it is up top!

Beej1

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of rider placings from when the weather turned to shit.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Blame the N'duro

Farked if I would ever buy a 29er, especially not for DH. If I ever feel the urge give me an uppercut.:thumb:

DH bike sales are dead....so they are reinventing the wheel ie. DH29 from now on.....blame the N'duro crowd (retired DHers) and their more capable 27.5/160mm rigs.....

Cycling industry is so far up its own survival arse, go get a moto.....

Last edited:

Brow

Big Block
Just plain bad luck with the weather. Good run still by Fayolle. Polygon win and second in the womens with Tracey, stepping it up heading towards Cairns World Champs.
Gwin DSQ I think due to not getting back on the track at the point he came off (even though it was only a few meters down the track.) No advantage to him in the end but rules is rules.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Red bull TV App on T box didnt work, but was fine streaming thru laptop. Just plugged the lappie into the tv and all is balanced in the world again.

Congrats Tracey for a great start to the season.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So did not see that result coming ! What a new look podium !
Even with the weather being shit for the top ten qualifiers, I reckon Fayolle's time would have held on for at least a top three. That was a blinder! Awesome to see Mark Wallace get a spot too.

Now, time for a rant: It's only been a week and I'm totally sick of the 29er talk. Actually, it may even come to the point that if a 29er wins a race, every team that doesn't have a bike with the same size wheels will protest and say the equipment is above the athlete and it alters the chances of keeping the race fair. And, I agree with them. The rules need to be set in stone on wheel size, tyre width, bike weight etc etc. Why? Well, you'll avoid this bullshit talk that the Syndicate team only qualified so well because of their wheel size.

Bull fucking shit they did. They ran so well because they are amazing riders. This wheel size talk is taking away from the skill of these guys and it shits me. If this is going to be the topic of discussion all year in the related media then it's going to create a divide that will be a bigger deal than the invention of 29er mountain bikes with an 85 degree head angle back in the day and the sport doesn't need it. Keep that sort of shit in XC (glorified roadies) and keep downhill racing raw and free from equipment controversy.
Damn good show though Lourdes, that's a legit track and is very impressive to watch the quick folks race it.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
What a load of fake news. 29ers have been around for years. Trek Intense Specialized Turner all built prototypes years ago. The difference between 27.5 and 29 is marginal. Ride what ever you want. SC riders are going to be quick on any size wheel. 27.5 is wheel of choice for enduro and will still be for DH. There is no real unfair advantage for non 29er riders- wait and see a few more rounds

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Now, time for a rant: It's only been a week and I'm totally sick of the 29er talk. Actually, it may even come to the point that if a 29er wins a race, every team that doesn't have a bike with the same size wheels will protest and say the equipment is above the athlete and it alters the chances of keeping the race fair. And, I agree with them. The rules need to be set in stone on wheel size, tyre width, bike weight etc etc.
What a load of shite! May as well give everyone a control bike. Same frame and components for everyone. Put the tender up at the end of every season to give all manufacturers a fair crack.....

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
so did the mens stream actually work or did fuck out again?

I think 27/29in is gonna be standard tbh, but they need to have rim size limit at 29 otherwise i can just see some company making a 32in rim to rollover rocks and etc with little effort.

I do like the idea though of having standard bike for the season that everyone hast to use.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
The rules need to be set in stone on wheel size, tyre width, bike weight etc etc.
Really? Part of the skill is making the right choices for the track on the day. All riders have more or less equal access to all equipment, surely they can ride whatever they like on the day if they think it's going to make them faster. If a rider chooses a 30" wheel and it turns out to be a dud, then it was a bad call. As long as the thing has 2 wheels and no motor, does it really matter what configuration it's in? It's kind of awesome seeing all of the permutations on the theme that technology comes up with to gain a slight edge just when you think it's all been done.

I get enforced standardisation for things like yacht races, but not Enduro and DH racing.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What a load of shite! May as well give everyone a control bike. Same frame and components for everyone. Put the tender up at the end of every season to give all manufacturers a fair crack.....
Don't get me wrong, I'll always say that regardless of what scientific advantage a team may come up with, it will always be the guy hanging onto the handlebars that is the winning factor, not the wheel size etc. What I'm saying is this sort of talk needs to be avoided before it becomes a thing or it will take the shine off the guys riding. Luca Shaw said it really well, he couldn't care less what size wheels they put on it, it's the rider that'll determine the result. They know that but this push for bigger wheels is taking the press away from these guys.

I'm not anti 29er. I have had bikes with all size wheels and can't say that one wheel is the best all round size, none of them are. Each size does something better than the other but I'll be damned if I would say a 29 inch wheel that I've ridden is better on a gravity trail, it certainly isn't in my neck of the woods.

so did the mens stream actually work or did fuck out again?

I think 27/29in is gonna be standard tbh, but they need to have rim size limit at 29 otherwise i can just see some company making a 32in rim to rollover rocks and etc with little effort.

I do like the idea though of having standard bike for the season that everyone hast to use.
My RedBull TV app worked perfect all night on Apple TV. I watched the last five girls then came back at 11pm for the dudes and it was seamless. I'm on NBN too, never misses a beat.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Now, time for a rant: It's only been a week and I'm totally sick of the 29er talk. Actually, it may even come to the point that if a 29er wins a race, every team that doesn't have a bike with the same size wheels will protest and say the equipment is above the athlete and it alters the chances of keeping the race fair. And, I agree with them. The rules need to be set in stone on wheel size, tyre width, bike weight etc etc. Why? Well, you'll avoid this bullshit talk that the Syndicate team only qualified so well because of their wheel size.

Bull fucking shit they did. They ran so well because they are amazing riders. This wheel size talk is taking away from the skill of these guys and it shits me. If this is going to be the topic of discussion all year in the related media then it's going to create a divide that will be a bigger deal than the invention of 29er mountain bikes with an 85 degree head angle back in the day and the sport doesn't need it. Keep that sort of shit in XC (glorified roadies) and keep downhill racing raw and free from equipment controversy.
Damn good show though Lourdes, that's a legit track and is very impressive to watch the quick folks race it.

Yeah I agree. There needs to be some kind of basic standards. If you rocked up to a 20" race on a cruiser, you'd be DNS.

indica

Serial flasher
My RedBull TV app worked perfect all night on Apple TV. .
Had to wait and watch the replay as the LG app didn't work.
What a race. Trace did so well.
The mens was good too, what shit house conditions at the end.