2017 world cup discussion

indica

Serial flasher
Manon has thrown in the towel.

The decision for me to withdraw from racing has come about quickly, but the reasons have been there for a while. Over the races this year I’ve been finding it harder to face up to difficult situations – high consequence sections or changing conditions – and during National Champs weekend I came to the conclusion that I just didn’t want to take the risks involved with racing at 100% anymore.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
That sucks, she was always a threat.. It's also like chopping 20% out of the competitive field.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
It is a shame, but fair enough. If you're worried about crashing and hurting yourself all the time, best not to keep doing it. That's not a knock in any way, either; she's ridden much gnarlier stuff than I'd ever even think about attempting, and did it well.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Good on her. She has nothing to prove to anyone. won overall worldcup and rainbow jersey in the same year.
most riders never even win one worldcup round.

She has had some fkn Monster crashes that would mentally knock the stuffing out of most if not all of us.

Odissius

Likes Dirt
Hill for a medal

I have a feeling Mr Hill could do big things. Though no one is as fast as Gwin when he's on it, Hill could deliver a bit of a surprise at this race I feel. Though a fair way back in time, he still pulled a top 20 at Fort William. Don't think there's anything off about selecting him. If he put a good run together he'd be up there with the other top Aussies for sure.

ajay

2010 Mt.St.Anne Canada. He won the World Championships on return from injury. He can pull a great run out from nowhere.
Haha I was actually referring to the world cup finals this week and that my levels of stoke need no mention. But yes, you're right, if anyone is capable of throwing down at world champs, Sam is!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I have a feeling Mr Hill could do big things. Though no one is as fast as Gwin when he's on it, Hill could deliver a bit of a surprise at this race I feel. Though a fair way back in time, he still pulled a top 20 at Fort William. Don't think there's anything off about selecting him. If he put a good run together he'd be up there with the other top Aussies for sure.
Gwinn is stoopid fast, but when the chips are down, and everything is turning to shit around him, Sam has a special knack for pulling something special out of nowhere.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Val di Sole
I'm keen to see if any news lines have been added and if they have done any sort of maintenance on the trail that was raced last year. Word on the street is that it was a wheel killer and would be even worse this year, thats good for us though!
I can't even dare to call it, there's so many variables in the points game and now with points for qualifying, it means we'll see the best guy win. I can't help but think people will cry foul at the botched results at the first round that was buggered up by the weather though, that may be a thing.
All in all, we've won as this season has been great!

ajay

Apparently you did.
:(

I'm keen to see if any news lines have been added and if they have done any sort of maintenance on the trail that was raced last year. Word on the street is that it was a wheel killer and would be even worse this year, thats good for us though!
I can't even dare to call it, there's so many variables in the points game and now with points for qualifying, it means we'll see the best guy win. I can't help but think people will cry foul at the botched results at the first round that was buggered up by the weather though, that may be a thing.
All in all, we've won as this season has been great!
Will be a killer race. How many can mathematically win the series from here?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I think three, Minaar, Gwin and Brosnan.
By the way, the dudes race at 11pm on Saturday night! Woohoo!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I'd be woohooing a bit louder if I didn't have to get up early to take The Boy to the race at the You Yangs the next day.

Odissius

Likes Dirt
Vds

So excited to watch this one. I have a feeling Gwin will smash it and put two or three seconds into the rest of the field. He's basically been unbeatable on this track when he's on form and don't see that the pressure of what's at stake will faze him. I like Minnaar but Gwin is definitely on another level to him. Barring that strange crash in Fort William and the unlucky flat in Lenzerheide, Gwin would have the series sewn up by now anyway so I'd be happy to see him take the overall. My top 5.

- Gwin
- Hart
- Brosnan
- Minnaar
- Bruni

moorey

call me Mia
I'd be woohooing a bit louder if I didn't have to get up early to take The Boy to the race at the You Yangs the next day.
Pfft. I'll be doing both. Stopping Felix from watching will be the tricky part. If Troy wins and he misses it, he may never forgive me....