2018 Ibis Ripmo

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
What about the XTR ones?
The M9020 stuff has a different bolt assembly and BCD, as both rings mount to the same runner.

Yeah, just gonna have to go Hope, Cinch, GXP, Dub, cannondale, specialized etc to get a direct mount that'll spade outwards. Still, you've got a working solution as it stands, so guessing it's low priority.
Don't know tbh, I've only got XT M8000 stuff.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I would not be feeling super comfortable about that chainring clearance. If you must stick with Shimano a 104bcd 3x crank would be better.

Obviously RF, Hope, SRAM have direct mount options.

In fact I've got a set of 170mm RF Turbines that would be perfect and some 175mm 104bcd Shimano. PM me if interested.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I would if I could! He’s riding tomorrow, I’m going to walk out to the trails with a few bits & bobs to tune it for him

Maybe next week...

BTW, this bike uses NO zip ties. Never built a bike which didn’t need zip ties before. So clean.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
...but having a spin up & down the street...holy crap it handles well. It is actually nimble. Must be the stem, fork offset & rake all coming together
Haha, surprising for such a "big" bike isn't it? :)

Glad you guys are happy with it. Hope you're healed up soon and can take it out for a proper run after all your efforts to get it all together for your mate.

Nice job on the build also, looks neat!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
'Knoath! He & his missus are going away for a week...I'm tempted to run it in for him

He's been for a couple of rides - bloody loves it!

Finally has a bike that fits...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Came home last night to find my mate had done some Ibis store shopping - aside from a tshirt, this Ripley bearing replacement tool kit was gifted:

Very specific set of tools to replace the eccentric bearings. Very chuffed!

Reactions: Zaf

link1896

Mr Greenfield
That's a very sexy bearing press, designed by someone who's actually pressed bearings in and out before, washers between elements clearly show they care.

Nice of old mate to make your job in the future easier.

What the fuck does the bar with two set screws do?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
That's a very sexy bearing press, designed by someone who's actually pressed bearings in and out before, washers between elements clearly show they care.

Nice of old mate to make your job in the future easier.

What the fuck does the bar with two set screws do?

They made a vid to show how to use it.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Looks like a good option.

Anybody know the intervals they recommend for bearing replacement?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
When rooted, replace.
That advice seems rather out of character for you... I would have thought upgrading/changing for the sake of it/German bearings would be other good justifications?

Anyway, it's not a job I've undertaken before. They're not making any noise, suspension cycles smoothly etc - but perhaps there's a greasing process or something else that can be done to extend life?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
That advice seems rather out of character for you... I would have thought upgrading/changing for the sake of it/German bearings would be other good justifications?

Anyway, it's not a job I've undertaken before. They're not making any noise, suspension cycles smoothly etc - but perhaps there's a greasing process or something else that can be done to extend life?
Rotate them around by hand then retighten, because they don’t get full rotations the grease doesn’t stay were you want it to and they wear unevenly. Give em a spin to a fresh spot away you go!