2018 Ibis Ripmo

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Looks like a good option.

Anybody know the intervals they recommend for bearing replacement?
And Tubbsy - I've got the tool now. We will share it.

The bearings in mine were replaced before I bought it...no need to do anything now (I think).

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Just buy quality in the first instance and you won't have an avenue to upgrade.
WTF! Hows that belt drive working out for you? Upgraded your Selva yet?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Had the shock and fork serviced on the LS.

Installed a spacer, the smallest one, and it’s made a surprising difference. The bike rides a lot higher in its travel now. Far fewer pedal strikes (which was a regular occurrence), and I can now imagine running 140mm up front would work well.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Jeez - there's not much in it! (Between this and the Ripmo)

Slight extra bend in the top tube, different shock front mount, minor rear shock yoke difference. Rear triangle looks indentical!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Yeah I tried a quick overlay in photoshop with an LS, but I couldn't find the same size front triangle with a quick search.

Certainly the rear triangle is a lot longer than the LS, the front looked a touch slacker but the seat tube angle looked identical.

If the XL is notably longer I'd be tempted to change frames as my LS is a bit short for my liking.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Decisions indeed, long travel Ripmo or short travel Ripley...I do like the Blue Steel. A little while until I have the funds to buy. Shame they didn’t make it 130mm would have been easier to decide. Looks great though.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
The LS has always felt like it has more than 120 out back to me; I never feel it bottom out and I'm not a very precise rider.

I wonder whether the more aggressive front end would change that?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Yeah, looking forward to the first ride reviews that should appear tomorrow. The Ripley always had a rep for punching above its travel.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Fork offset has changed, so I'd need a new fork too which makes it pricey.

What's available in 44 offset that can be set to both 130 or 140?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Fork offset has changed, so I'd need a new fork too which makes it pricey.

What's available in 44 offset that can be set to both 130 or 140?
What fork do you have? With Fox forks (and probably most others) you can generally just swap the CSU if desired.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
What fork do you have? With Fox forks (and probably most others) you can generally just swap the CSU if desired.
I’ve got a 34 Factory from 2017.

But the Ibis site seems pretty keen on a 44 offset.

EDIT: I see what you're saying, so I could change travel and offset with one of those. Or is the travel change an internal option?

Last edited: