2018 Ibis Ripmo

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Are you on a Large or XL now? Each model has added a lot of reach to each size.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Are you on a Large or XL now? Each model has added a lot of reach to each size.
I'm on an XL. Now even the new L seems to be bigger than that. So an L might be the better option.

But then all the new gen geometries seem to be heading for the really long reach for people my height.

A test ride would obviously settle the matter.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I did wonder if that was your steed on the Summit Insta page....

What an absolutely perfect machine. Forks set at 130mm?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I did wonder if that was your steed on the Summit Insta page....

What an absolutely perfect machine. Forks set at 130mm?
Yes mate 130
I won’t derail HiFi’s
I’m not totally convinced yet. This whole slack head angle with steep seat angle stuffs it up for tall blokes.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
...This whole slack head angle with steep seat angle stuffs it up for tall blokes...
Interesting you say that. The steep seat angle is supposed to be a great thing for the taller amongst us. Maybe it works with really short seat stays but I like my seat in a position where if I pedal and lean back I can lift the front easily over obstacles.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Yes mate 130
I won’t derail HiFi’s
I’m not totally convinced yet. This whole slack head angle with steep seat angle stuffs it up for tall blokes.
Looks great JD. Maybe just not long enough for you with the ST angle? I still think that ETT is a good reference for the long limbed.

In saying that, I reckon that Ripley of yours would fit me perfectly so colour me interested if that frame doesn’t work out for you!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yes mate 130
I won’t derail HiFi’s
Eh it’s not hifi’s bike anyway haha

I’d also like to hear what mean by this?

I’m 6”4 and every bike I’ve ridden since they started making them longer + slacker has fitted me much better than bikes of old. Seat at pedalling height without it being back over the rear hub, a front wheel that isn’t sitting under my chest when I’m standing etc.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I think it’s how ETT feels.

It is an odd sensation being tall with your hips more forward over the crank centre.

It’s not the numbers, it’s the feel.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I think it’s how ETT feels.

It is an odd sensation being tall with your hips more forward over the crank centre.

It’s not the numbers, it’s the feel.
Could be. The ripmo did feel shorter than Expected when sitting down. Standing was bang on though.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Or if you get lazy with your body position while standing (like me at times) and get too upright you don't weight the front enough and it can feel washy.

Seated dimension felt right to me, but I prefer being more forward over the cranks. It's just the weight distribution feels a lot different.