2018 World Cup discussion

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Ha! Thats a rad photo of Rachel, amazing timing. It's rude of her to disrespect local laws and be fully clothed jumping in there though.

I agree Skydome, that trail has a place for future races for sure.
It's a ripper of a track. Really hope it stays as a permanent

I like urban DH, I'd like to see it included in the World Cup!
track

It would spice things up but would the riders/UCI be open to having more than 7 rounds?

I'd hate for them to replace one or more of the current venues in favor for an urban dh round or 2

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
I think they are short of organisations wanting to run races. It’s difficult to make the business side of it work so can be just a hole to pour cash into

A friend of mine has been involved with the MTBA and my understanding is that this was the case with Cairns. Those involved are glad the commitment to run the events is over.

The guy from the UCI said they would like to run 10 a year, it’s only 7 at the moment isn’t it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
So what I’m saying is they’ll likely be happy to keep in any round that folks like and that organisers are happy to underwrite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indica

Serial flasher
Finished watching tonight after I inevitably fell asleep towards the end. Really enjoyable race. Gwin not too far ahead, thought Dean may have got him.
Great to see Blenki riding well again.
Thought maybe Troy was holding back for fear of dying? Just seem to pump well smooth through it all.
Miriam was great to, the girls race was very good.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
i wasn't able to watch mens race, had to be bed early but the track is pretty decent.

Didn't really like that urban section but i guess it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.
It wasn't as good as I was expecting. I figured they'd put some features in; a jump or two, maybe a wall ride. But nope, it was just, "You're gonna have to ride through the street for twenty seconds because we ran out of trail."

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Ha! Thats a rad photo of Rachel, amazing timing. It's rude of her to disrespect local laws and be fully clothed jumping in there though.
What if I told you you could find literally dozens of pictures of young women in (and out of!) swimwear right here on this very Interweb through which we're currently communicating?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What if I told you you could find literally dozens of pictures of young women in (and out of!) swimwear right here on this very Interweb through which we're currently communicating?
This is something new, I'm intrigued. ;)

I had a few giggles at the urban section where they'd put the last ramp before the tight buildings; some guys were totally boosting the shit out of it and trying to land on the edge of the slope, classic.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Even though the urban section didn't add a lot, I was nervous as hell with a few guys as they made their way through - Greenland and Shaw in particular

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
It wasn't as good as I was expecting. I figured they'd put some features in; a jump or two, maybe a wall ride. But nope, it was just, "You're gonna have to ride through the street for twenty seconds because we ran out of trail."
there was only one small little drop thing at the start of the urban thing lol.

you'd think they could build some wall rides for some of the corners or some other temporary structures to add some more drops or something in

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member

you'd think they could build some wall rides for some of the corners or some other temporary structures to add some more drops or something in
Cheer girls waving pom pom's would be ace at the finish line. In bikini's.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

not wide enough. that last little bit through the back lanes was tighter than a fish's bum at 40 fathoms, in spots, and merely fkn tight elsewhere.

mallion

Squid
not wide enough. that last little bit through the back lanes was tighter than a fish's bum at 40 fathoms, in spots, and merely fkn tight elsewhere.
The redbull coverage did not really show the tight spots. I only saw how tight it was a day or two after the race from rider head cams.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Theres talk over at Vital that Claudio insinuated Gwin might be on the juice during his Losinj commentary. I didn't hear it, but I do love a bit of completely basis accusation with no evidence. Either way the bros are really running with it...

moorey

call me Mia
What a load of shit. The only part he lost a bit of time with where it was flatter and he needed to pedal. How are drugs going to help you in the technical stuff where he smashed it, without possibly making you ride worse?