2018 World Cup discussion

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Theres talk over at Vital that Claudio insinuated Gwin might be on the juice during his Losinj commentary. I didn't hear it, but I do love a bit of completely basis accusation with no evidence. Either way the bros are really running with it...
Gwin could have a TUE (therapeutic use exemption) for a drug like salbutamol. Just like old mate Chris Froome, busted at the tour of spain for having twice the allowed level of the drug in his system.
*Cough*playingthesystem*cough*
Froome hasnt received any ban yet, it seems to be a grey area re drug rules, and the UCI is no doubt pooing its pants given that froome has won multiple tours de france and the vuelta, all most likely with his salbutamol TUE.

If you believe there is no drug use in mountain biking, then i believe that you are mistaken. Unfortunately, most if not all sports have drug cheats.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-tour-de-france-vuelta-a-espana-a8107446.html

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm not throwing any flames at Gwin, but I really doubt they do out of season tests on MTB racers. That's a long time left to their own devices, not forgetting that training and recovery is where the programs help

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I reckon it's time Red Bull fucked Claudio off. Lets face it, he's made some stupidly obnoxious and completely irrelevant dickhead comments over the years and he is such a droning commentator. If his comments are implying that Gwin is using a chemist then he would most likely be the most sour c#@t out there, the guy is just better than everyone right now and this washed up jack arse thinks he can either crack a bad joke like that or try to be the hero claiming he knows something no one else does.
Fuck Claudio, time to shut up and get off my broadcast you wanker.

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

I reckon it's time Red Bull fucked Claudio off. Lets face it, he's made some stupidly obnoxious and completely irrelevant dickhead comments over the years and he is such a droning commentator. If his comments are implying that Gwin is using a chemist then he would most likely be the most sour c#@t out there, the guy is just better than everyone right now and this washed up jack arse thinks he can eitehr crack a bad joke like that or try to be the hero claiming he knows something no one else does.
Fuck Claudio, time to shut up and get off my broadcast you wanker.
Pump your brakes kid, that man's a national treasure!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Theres talk over at Vital that Claudio insinuated Gwin might be on the juice during his Losinj commentary. I didn't hear it, but I do love a bit of completely basis accusation with no evidence. Either way the bros are really running with it...
I don't remember hearing anything that even vaguely implied anything like that.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Just curious, why is a team manager and business owner (Claudio) doing DH commentary?
I know he's an ex-dh racer, but surely they can find someone who doesnt have a link to a current team???

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
Just curious, why is a team manager and business owner (Claudio) doing DH commentary?
I know he's an ex-dh racer, but surely they can find someone who doesnt have a link to a current team???
Cheap enough I guess, his costs are already covered.

Between him a Rob & Rik they do a pretty good job.

What’s the girl at the top doing though. She manages to make any conversation feel awkward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There does appear to be a section of the mtb community that has it in for Gwin.
I don't remember hearing anything that even vaguely implied anything like that.
near the end of the commentary. About 1hr 36mins on the replay.

Rob asks "How does Gwin do it?"
Claudio says "you better not ask me that, otherwise I'll get in trouble"

Z

Zaf

I'm pretty sure that was a reference to him being asked about how Rachael Atherton "does it" and the resultant shit storm that ensued after that.
@moorey This is Fake News mate!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member

He's is totally not implying Gwin is on the 'roids. I won't edit my earlier post, I've always thought the guy is a bit of a tool but nah, he ain't suggesting shit other than a throwback to the Atherton comment.

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
Gwin done well because he knows how to make a rough track ride smooth, possibly the moto background helps a little.
Most of them ride moto quite a bit. Bulldog competes in hard Enduro events and myriam rides Enduro style trails in France with her brothers

My opinion is Gwin’s mainly immensely talented plus has an extreme work ethic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk