2018 World Cup discussion

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I reckon it's time Red Bull fucked Claudio off. Lets face it, he's made some stupidly obnoxious and completely irrelevant dickhead comments over the years and he is such a droning commentator. If his comments are implying that Gwin is using a chemist then he would most likely be the most sour c#@t out there, the guy is just better than everyone right now and this washed up jack arse thinks he can either crack a bad joke like that or try to be the hero claiming he knows something no one else does.
Fuck Claudio, time to shut up and get off my broadcast you wanker.
Whilst I don't necessarily agree with all of that, I do agree that Claudio has run his course as a commentator. All I hear him say is "he lost a bit of time there" or "he looked quite slow through that section", his negativity seems somewhat matched like an outfit with his monotony.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Poo to you two, I dig some Claudio.

I like the balance between the two commentators. I like the yin of Rob's jester-stylings and the yang of Claudio's clinicianism. I don't see a conflict with Claudio's team manager status either. He's neither shown any bias towards his team in commentating and neither would any bias impact my interest in watching the race or which bike I wish I could afford. I also really enjoy his full-track previews on youtube. I think Rob and Claudio work really well as a team.

I don't recall the Atherton scandal, what did he say?

I also don't see anything in Gwin's riding that could be related to juicing. His, as well as Minaar's, speediness comes from control, smoothness and line choice. If anything, they should be testing them for psychological-performance enhancement.

I think Gwin might be on meth.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Poo to you two, I dig some Claudio.

I like the balance between the two commentators. I like the yin of Rob's jester-stylings and the yang of Claudio's clinicianism. I don't see a conflict with Claudio's team manager status either. He's neither shown any bias towards his team in commentating and neither would any bias impact my interest in watching the race or which bike I wish I could afford. I also really enjoy his full-track previews on youtube. I think Rob and Claudio work really well as a team.

I don't recall the Atherton scandal, what did he say?

I also don't see anything in Gwin's riding that could be related to juicing. His, as well as Minaar's, speediness comes from control, smoothness and line choice. If anything, they should be testing them for psychological-performance enhancement.

I think Gwin might be on meth.
Haha, sorry to strike a nerve. Thinking a little more about it, my opinion of Claudio's commentating is probably more a product of him being involved in a relatively polished broadcast(love or hate RB). Granted, he's more lively, and far less biased than Page was, in fact I'd agree with and say that he's not really biased at all. Actually, as I'm typing this, I find myself completely a fan of Claudio... wtf ajay!?

In terms of him suggesting Gwin is on the juice... I didn't hear him say anything pertaining to that, sounds like a load of tripe to me...

moorey

call me Mia
Triple double boo...with a hoo for good measure. Ima loving Chimpy on a bike, and he’s probably my fave to watch riding these days. :(

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Jack needs to get a Zwift training setup if he doesn't already - Worked great for Matthew Hayman -Broke his arm and then trained like a motherfucker on Zwift and won Paris-Roubaix 6 or so weeks later. Maybe a wee bit longer given the forces involved in DH, but still a way to keep the fitness and motivation.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Hmmm, looks like the WC organizers rock-armoured the bejesus out of that claggy shit lake of mud section - about half way-ish - that fked up no small number of riders last year. good job.