2018 World Cup discussion

Switch

huskier headed gent
F**K the F**KING F**K using work mobile to watch (streaming on tv) and the F**KING battery dies as Greenland was on a blinder by the time I get it all sorted again the race is over. F**K apple and your shitty OS :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I kind of agree. I don't like the fact you can simply roll out of the gate, DNF, and get a spot because of your ranking. I do, however, think some sort of protection is needed when weather plays an influencing role in quali.
Yeah, that deliberate DNF thing is shit and should be shut down. If you won't finish a quali run, surely that means you're not qualified to race?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
F**K the F**KING F**K using work mobile to watch (streaming on tv) and the F**KING battery dies as Greenland was on a blinder by the time I get it all sorted again the race is over. F**K apple and your shitty OS :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
See if you can catch it on a replay. That was seriously one of the best race runs I've ever seen.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Great race. Had to watch the reply as I got destracted after the women’s final. So glad the rain stayed away a lot better racing.

Flow-Rider

Burner
When riders get paid 6 figure salaries, I'm lead to believe Gwin is on more and sponsors then want the best bang for buck. Investing so much in riders and teams, they don't want their riders not to qualify over a small stack but in this case Gwin used it to his advantage. It looks after the sponsors and in the end without them the sport would have been pretty shit because I can't see simple things like many people paying to watch the live coverage.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Great news guys! Andorra is on Saturday night, same again; ladies at 8.30pm and Gents at 10pm. Yay for us!
You'd be brave to call anyone other than Amaury Pierron a potential winner even if it is close, he is totally killing the world right now.

moorey

call me Mia
Great news guys! Andorra is on Saturday night, same again; ladies at 8.30pm and Gents at 10pm. Yay for us!
You'd be brave to call anyone other than Amaury Pierron a potential winner even if it is close, he is totally killing the world right now.
Borat’s doing well....but no Minaar and injured Gwinn obviously helps. Cuss can ride like the wind, but don’t believe he would have won 3 straight in a packed field. Taking nothing away from. I probably couldn’t beat him.
Stoked if @chimpy is racing, and hoping to see Kye back on the junior podium.
I think it will be Shaw or Vergier on the top step this weekend. Shit break is due a win.

Z

Zaf

How good are Commencal doing this season!?
Not even just Amaury's performance, Thibaut Daprela in their Junior team is on a fire, Reece Wilson and Thomas Estaque have both put in amazing performances over the last few rounds. I can only imagine being on home turf in Andorra is going to make them fight harder, and especially with some of the other big danger riders off or out of the game this round, real potential for a full Commencal Podium.