2018 World Cup discussion

moorey

call me Mia
On the flat flowing, longer tracks, Gutierrez has been spectacular. He just seems to lose it on the steep and tech. Most riders lost 3-5 seconds on that short section, I think bulldog was the best with only 1.5 or something. The days of DH riders being unable to pedal are long gone.
It’s all irrelevant. Anyone frothing over it needs to recognise that Maes is an incredible rider, and owns the win.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just checked the Redbull tv event calendar and I can't see the UCI World Champs....
Anyone know who is going to live stream it?
I just presumed it was going to be Redbull and was checking to see what time the finals would be on and it's not there???

Panic.....

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I just checked the Redbull tv event calendar and I can't see the UCI World Champs....
Anyone know who is going to live stream it?
I just presumed it was going to be Redbull and was checking to see what time the finals would be on and it's not there???

Panic.....
Pretty sure Red Bull don't have the rights to World Champs. Check SBS.

Boom King

Cathro’s assertion that DHers can’t pedal for 15 seconds is shite. Even machines like Gutierrez dropped a lot of time in that flat section, and he’s the best pedaller out there.
Quite some paraphrase there....

Cathro was simply highlighting the difference in training between DH and EWC riders. A difference that results in an EWC rider being able to sustain a longer maximum effort. Similar to say, the difference between 100m and 400m sprinters. They all run really fricken fast, just one group can do it for longer.

moorey

call me Mia
Great to see young Jacob in there. He’s a loose unit, and did the first couple of KOB rounds.
Always entertaining to watch and only getting faster.
Local lad Darcy has been giving it a redhot go lately. Hope to see a clean run from him.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm pretty psyched for this years World Champs, should be a ding dong battle as there's plenty of guys riding well at the moment.

I also really enjoy the young guys not being robots and embracing and owning their success, it's a refreshing change.
The Frenchies are so entertaining (And Fast)

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I know that Gee Atheron didn't scrape through for the UK team.
Wonder if he was aware of that before his hot run last weekend and threw it all down knowing it would be his last run at a WC/champs this season (or ever) ?

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
That seedy moe is so greasey he just slipped on through.

I think at the time of choosing they all had better placings than gee, maybe not beating him in series points but have all placed higher in a race at some stage.

Atleast thats what I remember being the reason some dude said in the PB article.

I like atwill, such a loose rider, great to watch.

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
Has anyone found anyone covering the Worlds?

I’ve been looking and cant find anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom King

Has anyone found anyone covering the Worlds?

I’ve been looking and cant find anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From memory, Red Bull stepped in late with coverage of last years Worlds. The UCI must sell the rights separately to the regular season.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got an answer back from SBS, they are not televising any coverage, nothing still on Redbull calendar.