2018 World Cup discussion

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
There are live coverage links on the programme

https://lenzerheide2018.ch/en/race-programme

The Swiss are quite likely to provide English commentary
Thanks for the link, seems like we'll all be huddling around a computer watching some shitty coverage akin to pre Freecaster days. Fuck that shit, I'll just read about it the next day.
UCI or Red Bull or whoever creates this clusterfuck with World Champs coverage each year needs to sort their shit out, it's not 1994.

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
I have a couple of options. I can either view it via Apple TV if it’s redbull or YouTube (or other on demand apps available like SBS), I can view it through airplay via my phone and Apple TV it I can plug my laptop into the tv via hdmi

Agree that this needs sorting out though.

Rob commented repeatedly on the crowds at La Bresse. The good access to quality coverage we are now starting to see is part of this. The world champs is the culmination of the season and to not have access to the same quality of coverage is an epic damp squib

In at tv interview at the first round the UCI guy mentioned they wanted more rounds. Well the UCI need to put all the parts of the puzzle together then. Quality coverage of key events is part of that.

Having said that I’d love to know the actual economics and numbers behind the coverage. I’d love to know how the sums add up. I bet it’s far from simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've only ever watched on an iPhone, or if feeling fancy, an iPad.
First world problem, big fella. ;)
Hey thats fine, my gripe is it isn't on Red Bull TV or even on SBS yet it maybe on some Spanish ghetto network that have 409 commercials selling Colombian tobacco or some irrelevant shit that means we'll see 4 riders.
I want the Red Bull TV coverage, its easily the best way we'll see the racing.

Stinky

Likes Dirt
Red Bull have the contract for World Cups only not world champs. There is also issues around different timing companies between cups and champs. Less timing data means that there are less timing splits etc. Last year they came on very late and just stuck Warner in a room in Austria commentating on the images.

For those asking about the cost, you don't get alot of change out of $500K.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So, any predictions for World Champs? I reckon Aaron H. Gwin will get the stripes but beating the current form Frenchies will be bloody tough.