2020 Enduro World Series

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Get off the fence and tell us what you really think.
pretty much the same scenario, except they are all wiped out by a faulty sky news satellite that falls out of orbit, onto their heads, preferably Murdoch too, for maximum irony value.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Any insights into why my favourite man crush (aka Sam Hill) is off the pace?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Any insights into why my favourite man crush (aka Sam Hill) is off the pace?

He wasn’t 100% well at Rotorua, but haven’t heard anything about Derby. He’s not the kind of bloke to make excuses.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
He wasn’t 100% well at Rotorua, but haven’t heard anything about Derby. He’s not the kind of bloke to make excuses.
Did he have the flu or something? That can take weeks to recover from.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like Derby put on one hell of a crowd for this race. Would have been a ripper to get along and watch the big guns strut their stuff.
Maes is absolutely deadly at the minute

herbman

Likes Dirt
He won Stage 6 and was getting top 10's for most other stages (11th on Stage 1 and 54th on Stage 4 being the notable exceptions), and was inside 3% (2.8%) of Martin's overall time when the clocks stopped.

I think it might be the classic Sam Hill effect that we saw with Downhill; he storms onto the scene and everyone had to "git gud" just to be competitive with what he was doing. I don't think we're seeing Sam off the pace (not significantly at least) I think it's more everyone else has been working their absolute asses off to bring the competition to a level he's racing.

Martin has always been wickedly fast, but he has also not had an entirely clean season since 2015. It's invariably crashes that mar his amazing performance. His Stage 6 drop in Columbia last year was savage, as was his hand injury at Finale. He had DNF's to injury in France and Canada in 2017, and then of course is his 2016 Fort William crash.

@hifiandmtb That silent heckle is awesome!
Not to take it away from Martin but Sam did not look his normal self on trail on Sunday.
On stage 4 he seemed almost in cruise mode and wasn’t on the pedals at all coming out of the corner we were watching on when everyone else was full gas out of the same corner.
And the stage he did win was the one with the lest pedaling.