- Pole Evolink (all of em), Machine, Stamina, Bushmaster.​
- Nukeproof Mega 290​
- Starling Murmur​
- Stanton Switch9er FS​
- Guerrilla Gravity Smash​
- Fezzarri Le Sal Peak​
- Last Bike Glen​
-etc.​
This rule seems to have a lot of exceptions to it.

I don't think their website has a "random page" button, but you can see good looking bikes on all of them. ;)

The slack actual seat tube angles comes from the stupidly short chainstay fetish the industry has, and then trying to shoehorn 150-160mm of travel into the space.
Sighs.......
There is no point to rattle off a whole list, some will be fugly and some won't. I bet most will look the same and I could swap frame stickers and few would be any wiser of who makes what.

Overall, the awkward slack HTA and steep STA just look at odds with each other to me. I'm probably the only one and I'm fine with that but will get used to it.

I get that shorter chainstays will feel more lively and help with climbs where chairlifts and shuttle runs aren't handy but big travel is still needed.

A hell of a market experiment to find out that the last idea that was sold now isn't as hot as what we told you earlier. Here you go, you need one of these now to remain fahn awesome.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zaf

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Sounds like the entire history of bikes in general. Actually make that just about everything.
Well, yeah... True....

You would think that the era of smaller refinements we would almost be there.

It is human nature to push product as much as we hate to admit it since everyone's kids need shoes. Wait till the next thing after steeper STA's, it going to be big, you naysayers will see.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Well, yeah... True....

You would think that the era of smaller refinements we would almost be there.

It is human nature to push product as much as we hate to admit it since everyone's kids need shoes. Wait till the next thing after steeper STA's, it going to be big, you naysayers will see.

Said like a man that hasn’t ridden a steep STA.
Sometimes these things just work. Hype or no hype.
I find sometimes these new boundary pushing things are called BS by people that just don’t ride the way some of these bikes are designed to ride and because it has no value to them they see it as a useless innovation for innovations sake and criticise the hell out of it.
Not saying you are just making an observation.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Good to see adjustable chainstays make an appearance, wish more frames had them.

Would be interested to know the actual seat tube angle compared to advertised/"effective" seat tube angle though.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
@B Rabbit is killing it over on MTBR... You legend sir!

In response to these couple of posts:
Oh man, totally bummed about the head angle and seat tube angle… I wanted at most a 54.1 head angle and a 86.3 seat tube angle. SC have totally blown it – this is not modern geo for modern riding!
Draw that bike up for us...or name another bike with those numbers.
This was delivered:
The SuperMegaTowerofDeath

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My design will catch on, I assume some SC engineers are hastily drawing up similar ideas on Microsoft paint, just as I did.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
You fellow burners must ride some very gnarly stuff .
The Australian equivalent of the white line of Sedona or do you ride downhill tracks?.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Said like a man that hasn’t ridden a steep STA.
Sometimes these things just work. Hype or no hype.
I find sometimes these new boundary pushing things are called BS by people that just don’t ride the way some of these bikes are designed to ride and because it has no value to them they see it as a useless innovation for innovations sake and criticise the hell out of it.
Not saying you are just making an observation.
You are spot on there. I haven't ridden one nor have much need for the trails I ride.

Although, now it seems like the pre-req to be able to even mention this on an internet forum is to atleast ridden one or STFU.

I guess it is wrong to question the next hype wagon that rolls into town. Just agree with it blindly and get two, right.......

I'll quietly bow out now.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yes Zaf often have to ride by myself . Love Falls Creek , Bright other than the DH tracks is no biggie.
Getting others to ride outside their comfort zone and go anywhere else but Yackandandah is the biggest problem.
All of Yack is easy on a 100mm hardtail.

Jpez

Down on the left!
You are spot on there. I haven't ridden one nor have much need for the trails I ride.

Although, now it seems like the pre-req to be able to even mention this on an internet forum is to atleast ridden one or STFU.

I guess it is wrong to question the next hype wagon that rolls into town. Just agree with it blindly and get two, right.......

I'll quietly bow out now.

Awww, you go right on questioning MR Crud’s. Just wouldn’t be the inter webs if people didn’t question hype.
And no ones telling you to STFU. Far from it.
But folks who have jumped on the band wagon and see the merits of something because they’ve tried it and liked it are gonna sing its praises.
As for the old school defenders It’s just a bit hard to make a convincing argument about why something is only hype if they haven’t actually tried whatever coolaid is being drunk at the time.
Now someone pass me that coolaid willyas.