2019 Scott Ransom

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm still using an iphone 4s, we share one crap car in our house and I'm typing on an 8 year old laptop(recent SSD upgrade, fancy right?). I don't drink, smoke and rarely eat out and other than moving here from Canadia 5 years ago, don't spend cash on traveling.
At least one of us here has our priorities right :D

Sick build, I look forward to seeing it out on the trails in the flesh.

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
I agree re the X2. Such a great shock. I'd be interested in your thoughts of the Grip 2.
My other bike has had the Grip2 on it for a few dozen rides and I can say that it works. Prior to this I was on the Fox RC2 and loved the adjustability. The Grip2 has a more noticeable feel in the compression damper. The difference the HSC makes is night and day. I was always going back and forth between 1-2 volume spacers and +/- 5psi to get the right feel. Now I'm on zero spacers with a fine tuned HSC that really shines through the high speed rough and rarely bottoms(no clunk when it does) on big flat landing. Also, the ease of servicing the Grip2 damper is a massive bonus.

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
At least one of us here has our priorities right :D

Sick build, I look forward to seeing it out on the trails in the flesh.
Yeah boy! You will. Unlike all my other black on black on dark on black bikes, this one will keep me from accidental gunfire during hunting season.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
My other bike has had the Grip2 on it for a few dozen rides and I can say that it works. Prior to this I was on the Fox RC2 and loved the adjustability. The Grip2 has a more noticeable feel in the compression damper. The difference the HSC makes is night and day. I was always going back and forth between 1-2 volume spacers and +/- 5psi to get the right feel. Now I'm on zero spacers with a fine tuned HSC that really shines through the high speed rough and rarely bottoms(no clunk when it does) on big flat landing. Also, the ease of servicing the Grip2 damper is a massive bonus.
I've got a love hate relationship with my rc2. I installed a MRP ramp control to deal with the progressivity vs sensitivity issue. It works a treat and is a good upgrade for the Fox36. It allows you to set pressure for positive and negative spring seperately as well as the number of token on the fly. I managed to pick up a lower level Grip damper for cheap to experiment with as well.

Might all be moot when I mount up my new Onyx SC. Seriously try a DVO with a D1 damper. You might regret it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
So.………….. Quick lap up my local. Delightfully muddy and slippy but awesome. First impressions are lasting. Managed to get my suspension setup almost perfect first time out. Post ride saw a 4 click increase in shock LSC to cut down on some motion and front end got 3 extra of HSC to keep my usual rock huck to flat from blowing through too quicly. FFS, the big wheels are truly impressive through the stutter bumps. A little odd feeling on the tight switchbacks, and air time....WTF?! Felt like I had wings. The handlebar/stem were superb and I just need to knock them down to 170cm. Surprisingly, the standout was the bloody saddle. That thing was very comfortable. The AXS. Wow! It is so nice to smash the button x amount of times before a known section and blammo, there's no guessing if it'll hit the gear. I have it set to double shift both directions if either of the buttons are held which was great going through certain sections knowing that 2 gears back and forth gets me setup for the approaching features and techy bits. The gear display on my GPS was something unexpected that I'm also enjoying.

The dirty machine

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Absolutely love it. Anyone on the anti-29 bandwagon should ride one of these. So Fast.
Will be replacing it with another 29er. Might even be just like this one but less.....orange.;)
A Stamina?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk