2019 World Cup discussion.

profaine

Likes Dirt
Rob said something along the lines when Finn crashed about only getting 7 or so chances a year to win one, yet you look at the name, skills, etc. on the start list and there are 20 or so names that wouldn't be a stretch to win.... crazy!

moorey

call me Mia
He’s young and ambitious. Will settle in and put together some blinders soon.

Have never seen a season so packed with riders who could feasibly take the win. Loving it.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Here's a few tidbits for anyone who cares:

Bruni had and average speed of 39.052 km/h in his winning run. He beat Hart by 4.38m, Brosnan by 8.29m, Harrison by 10.07m and Walker, in 5th, was 17.47m behind Loic. Norton in 10th was 33.1m behind and Zabjek in 20th, 58.6m back. Damn close racing!

Sorry, I nerd out sometimes......

moorey

call me Mia
Here's a few tidbits for anyone who cares:

Bruni had and average speed of 39.052 km/h in his winning run. He beat Hart by 4.38m, Brosnan by 8.29m, Harrison by 10.07m and Walker, in 5th, was 17.47m behind Loic. Norton in 10th was 33.1m behind and Zabjek in 20th, 58.6m back. Damn close racing!

Sorry, I nerd out sometimes......
Factory Jackson?

Edit. Not Factory Jackson.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Elliot Jackson’s geek out site. It’s fantastic.

Can’t see it on his site at the moment...gives awesome side by side comparisons among other things.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Loic Bruni and Danny Heart were both on mixed sized dia rims, I wonder how many more will turn up at the next round.

moorey

call me Mia
Loic Bruni and Danny Heart were both on mixed sized dia rims, I wonder how many more will turn up at the next round.
I think there were a lot more of the big dogs doing it...though realise you’re just mentioning those because of their finishes.

moorey

call me Mia
Not based on the interviews I heard with the riders doing it. They all say it’s a ‘best of both worlds thing’. That said, maybe on the fast bike park tracks the full 29 may be opted for.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Eliot and Nico are regulars on the Downtime podcast. Usually a preview before each round, and often a roundup. Great podcast.
I discovered the Downtime Podcast last week, have been enjoying listening from the beginning while tinkering with my bike

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, it’s good. I like that he largely just sets them up and they do all the talking. Not like some where it’s all about the presenter.
Good mix of riders, manufacturers, technology, events etc.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Fucking Claudio, he annoys the fucking fuck out of me. He has that whole "I'm an insider and know everything" attitude and sounds like a massive condescending prick when he talks to Rob Warner. I wish they'd fuck him off.
Not long ago I would have disagreed ... but I think you’ve mention him being condescending or similar before and I’ve started to notice it in his commentary. Not sure if it’s a language thing but definitely there and he tries to back pedal every so often so unsure if people have pointed it out to him as well.

I reckon Warner is getting too sanitised as well and generally although I understand it’s a red bull production, I hate how it’s all about the red bull riders.

Whilst I’m whinging about Redbull ... surely you’d put a camera looking down the guts of the rock garden to show the different lines vs the speed vs the gnar.
All the pre race focus was on the garden and the lines. Which should have been clue enough to put some better vision there. The angle they had was shite ... imagine being able to see the lead in to Danny’s wheel/huck thingy.

A little gutted for Danny, but I reckon Fort Bill is between Danny, Loic or Amaury ... my outsider is BullDog.

moorey

call me Mia
Wilson is a dark horse for a podium.
I’m going for Finn, Troy and Greenland to have good days.