2019 World Cup discussion.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
The Americans are all loving the USA connection, personally it does nothing for me.

Intense might get some results, but Gwin (Nor Neko) certainly don't fit the image they have relied on for so many years.
Spot on eh. The squeaky clean moto-X "thank god and all my sponsors while sipping energy drink" approach that looks where things are going at intense makes me look elsewhere. At least they still have Moir to retain a bit of a loose unit vibe.
No so sure, read this:

Seems to me that Jeff Steber wants to get back the the long held Intense promise "racing is our true north", whilst building the company sustainably. They want to win and the current line up will give them plenty of opportunities.

I've heard no mention of Gwinn having ownership, although he could well have negotiated a piece of the company in his deal.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I make no claims to recall correctly...but positive you said last year that Hill was leaving NP for Pole, and turning to CX...
I do recall suggesting Sam was going to conquer the CX world, he's beaten everything else. ;)

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whatever, Gwin is a rad dude. He's a bloody fast rider that plays the PR game astoundingly well and everyone buys whatever he gets on. Jack will benefit from having a couple of super quick dudes around him, they'll potentially have a top three podium for Intense sometime soon.

Team rumors sucks, it takes the appeal of a big announcement away and people need to learn to keep things to themselves that are involved in the trade. Everyone hangs out to see what gig the fast guys are on and these announcements are so lackluster now with team rumors, makes it out as though you just can't trust anyone.
I got no problem with Gwin at all. He's the best DH racer we have seen since Sam Hill and seems like a super nice guy. Its just that its a pretty major change for the Intense image. Big gamble for Intense if you ask me, especially when that whole outsider, Palmer, Kovarik punk rock ethos has been deeply ingrained in their history...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I got no problem with Gwin at all. He's the best DH racer we have seen since Sam Hill and seems like a super nice guy. Its just that its a pretty major change for the Intense image. Big gamble for Intense if you ask me, especially when that whole outsider, Palmer, Kovarik punk rock ethos has been deeply ingrained in their history...
Ah gotcha, you're referring to the Intense image. ;)

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've heard no mention of Gwinn having ownership, although he could well have negotiated a piece of the company in his deal.
He says he is the owner of the team (or part of) nothing about the company as you say.. Quote from him in the media release;

“As a rider and team owner, I’m excited to run such a legendary race program. We’ve put together an awesome group of people and I’m looking forward to the years ahead.”

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
They're not trying to sell trail bikes to historians.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt

M4RT0

Likes Bikes
Sounds like it’s actually Robot Bike Co with Atherton marketing and name ;)
Here's the Pinkbike review of the enduro rig. An Atherton DH bike would be cool... but will the price be competitive!?
(I mean it is carbon tubing and printed titanium, not exactly cheap materials)