2019 World Cup discussion.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I'm haven't looked back thru the 2018 thread, but no comments on Atherton Racing's announcement?

Is everyone waiting to see what they're riding, or just over them in general?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Didn't think they could afford Gwin. Would be good to see what he can do with the M16/M29.
Gwin is the team owner and brought in sponsors/investors (Ktm), I suppose that’s how they could afford it. Intense frames and team name only essentially.
Judging by the way the Intense the company is going it looks like they are trying to increase sales/more affordable and looking to have Gwin give them the marketing kick the YT got..

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Americans are all loving the USA connection, personally it does nothing for me.

Intense might get some results, but Gwin (Nor Neko) certainly don't fit the image they have relied on for so many years.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Americans are all loving the USA connection, personally it does nothing for me.

Intense might get some results, but Gwin (Nor Neko) certainly don't fit the image they have relied on for so many years.
Spot on eh. The squeaky clean moto-X "thank god and all my sponsors while sipping energy drink" approach that looks where things are going at intense makes me look elsewhere. At least they still have Moir to retain a bit of a loose unit vibe.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spot on eh. The squeaky clean moto-X "thank god and all my sponsors while sipping energy drink" approach that looks where things are going at intense makes me look elsewhere. At least they still have Moir to retain a bit of a loose unit vibe.
Hopefully Moir still gets plenty of freedom to be himself.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Whatever, Gwin is a rad dude. He's a bloody fast rider that plays the PR game astoundingly well and everyone buys whatever he gets on. Jack will benefit from having a couple of super quick dudes around him, they'll potentially have a top three podium for Intense sometime soon.

Team rumors sucks, it takes the appeal of a big announcement away and people need to learn to keep things to themselves that are involved in the trade. Everyone hangs out to see what gig the fast guys are on and these announcements are so lackluster now with team rumors, makes it out as though you just can't trust anyone.