2019 World Cup discussion.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
5th year on Intense....and with 2019 team changes he just didn’t seem himself. I don’t see him on for a 6th year.
Felix thinks he’ll rejoin Deano. Can imaging Brendog calling it a day and freeing up a Scott spot.
Maybe.
I'm not saying I think he'll be on Intense next year, just that selling his bikes is not something from which conclusions can be drawn.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How could they afford to let him go? He's basically the perfect ambassador for them. Good on him

moorey

call me Mia
How could they afford to let him go? He's basically the perfect ambassador for them. Good on him
A mate in the industry tells me he’s tried everything (including about 20 custom links) to get the bike performing exactly how he wants, and could never quite get there.
You’re right though. Only ever says good things about the company, events, other riders...he’s a dream.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A mate in the industry tells me he’s tried everything (including about 20 custom links) to get the bike performing exactly how he wants, and could never quite get there.
You’re right though. Only ever says good things about the company, events, other riders...he’s a dream.
He seemed to make a lot of hints through his interview with Loic and the Beyond the Tape podcast that it wasn’t exactly how he wanted.
Must be incredibly frustrating but good on him for persisting.

There will surely be a new Sender on the way to give him the tool to get the job done

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I watched that a few days ago. So relaxing. Unlike Paul The Punter's recent build video, which was quite the opposite and made me never want to do anything more challenging than change a tyre ever again.

It would be great to see her race again, if she decides that's what she wants.

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
Yeti, then Bergamont in about ‘14, then intense...I think.
He rode Orange for Citrus speed imports back in the day before Rowney snaffled him up and put him on the Yeti, thought you would have been all over that one Moorey you're slipping in your old age.

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
5th year on Intense....and with 2019 team changes he just didn’t seem himself. I don’t see him on for a 6th year.
Felix thinks he’ll rejoin Deano. Can imaging Brendog calling it a day and freeing up a Scott spot.
Maybe.
I'd love to see him change, the 2019 Intense team dynamic sucked. Too many god botherers and too many component changes as well, look at how long Moi Moi was on SRAM with good results. He then goes to Fox, TRP, Kinder surprise tyres and what do you know? It didn't work. That bike is a dead set steamer, it is by far the ugliest thing to ever wear an Intense badge. No matter if Cesar Rojo did the suspension it just doesn't work. How many new links have we seen them put in that thing? Too many, and I'm betting it's not half as many as they have already tried.

Just look at how many different links Gwin and Brosnan tried in the old Demo and it kept spitting them off, kept spitting Loic off too. New bike comes through and hey presto Loic starts winning again.

I reckon Felix is bang on and I really hope the Scott thing happens, the team is fun, fast and they have a bike that clearly works. Reckon he'd be good fit for GT with Wyn or Pivot with towball.

moorey

call me Mia
He rode Orange for Citrus speed imports back in the day before Rowney snaffled him up and put him on the Yeti, thought you would have been all over that one Moorey you're slipping in your old age.
I am. I was in a bike black hole for 5-6 years. Didn’t touch a bike, watch a race....or post on here :oops: