2019 Yeti's

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I feel like rain man here, I don't buy into any of this marketing bullshit.

Pivot switchable is on my short list for the next enduro bike. Custom build from the ground up.

Second tier manufacturers just have to try a lot harder to win market share, I see better value then paying a price premium for yeti, Santa Cruze, etc.

And zaf, check the mail for your complimentary straight jacket.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Pivot switchable is on my short list for the next enduro bike. Custom build from the ground up.
Hows pivot better than yeti? their dj bike is a rebranded DMR :/ bleugh, more carbon crap, designed to make wankers look like less of a wanker than the wankers riding yeti’s.

Ibis is the same. Wankery swoopy crap but its cool cause its designed by a designer!

Giddy up muthafuckas :cool: ahaha

We should all be riding curtis’s. Orange’s (shutup moorey). Cotics. Guerrilla gravitys. Nicolia’s if you got a case of the Zafs, pewpewpew.

Plastic bike with matching kit is lame (I get away with matching my bike to my kit cause its all black, and ally. listenin to danzig as we speak, all this edge is pretty sharp)

New yeti’s look gross. Too square at the bottom to fit the bottle in, but everyone whinges about not gettin a bottle cage inside the triangle so eh, here’s the cake dickheads now eat. Callin em out for being shit shouldn’t stop at yeti though (looking at you too intense, bring back the slopestyle in metal you arseholes).

Reactions: Zaf

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Hows pivot better than yeti? their dj bike is a rebranded DMR :/ bleugh, more carbon crap, designed to make wankers look like less of a wanker than the wankers riding yeti’s.

Ibis is the same. Wankery swoopy crap but its cool cause its designed by a designer!

Giddy up muthafuckas :cool: ahaha

We should all be riding curtis’s. Orange’s (shutup moorey). Cotics. Guerrilla gravitys. Nicolia’s if you got a case of the Zafs, pewpewpew.

Plastic bike with matching kit is lame (I get away with matching my bike to my kit cause its all black, and ally. listenin to danzig as we speak, all this edge is pretty sharp)

New yeti’s look gross. Too square at the bottom to fit the bottle in, but everyone whinges about not gettin a bottle cage inside the triangle so eh, here’s the cake dickheads now eat. Callin em out for being shit shouldn’t stop at yeti though (looking at you too intense, bring back the slopestyle in metal you arseholes).
Them be some fighting words young man. It's a good thing you left my beloved Turner out of that rant.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Excellent rant, even if I currently own an Intense and kind of want a Yeti

But in my defense, there is a Cotic in the shed, even a 26" Knolly. Plus my favourite bike I've owned was a Canfield. Just wish they'd hurry up and tease a 2019 bike. They've gone quiet for a number of years.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@slider_phil They hit hard times developing the Riot/Toir carbon. I think they were full speed ahead on it, spent heaps on the moulds and then had no end of problems with them and found that they were running out of money developing it further, so they've been consolidating and being cautious with any development now.

People seem to love them, I gotta admit that the external gusseting on the Balance really did it for me!
Yep, I was on a list to get a carbon one. Ended up getting a great deal on a Primer frame as the Geo was pretty much what a carbon Riot was going to be. I think the big issue was they got a mould made, and then they discovered some sort of fouling with the linkage.

Still love my small bike companies, with the GG Smash high on my list of "wants", along with the new Knolly Fugitive. But I'm not going to rule out a Yeti or Specialized because of a perceived "image".

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yeah, Pivot are no different from Yeti.
Turner are completely different than all of those boutique brands, in that Turner didn't manage to stay relevant or produce anything people wanted to buy.

Ummm, geee...wow. Like I wasn't even in the room.
Can you prove this? I don't have access to the sales figures but I wouldn't be surprised if Turner has annual sales figures higher than Nicolai, but would be focused on the US.

But in my mind sales figures are a bit irrelevant. I just care about whether the bike is any good and as a bonus is interesting. My bike collection reflects this. I have:
-Turners (great all round bikes, Dw-link, have a man crush on Dave)
- Lynskeys (Ti, great road and hardtails)
- Pole (got a great deal, bleeding edge geo)
- Liteville (german engineering and attention to detail)
- Pivot (quality carbon, Dw-link, bloody awful graphics)
- Cotic (got a great deal, have a man crush on Cy)

The easy solution is to stick to your one bike commitment and get rid of the Stumpy. Instant increase in attractiveness to the same sex.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Them be some fighting words young man. It's a good thing you left my beloved Turner out of that rant.

Or what? I’ll just stand at the bottom of a gutter, no way you’ll huck it to come at me bro. Too busy gettin baited by zaf

Turner suck ever since he stopped making bikes out of metal. He sold out, had a sooky interview about it and everyone stopped buying their out of date bikes. The end.