2019 Yeti's

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, that was me, but it was a stock photo, mine is still fully built ready to shred :)
Mind you, some other toss bag decided to sell his frame at the same time. Great. And I bet his didn't get backed over in the driveway and tapped back together.

Warp

Likes Dirt
Eh, I'd own a Yeti tomorrow if they weren't 5k for a frame. That's my only issue with the brand, otherwise I've heard nothing but good things and solid customer service if shit does go wrong.

The older I get the more I value the approachability and customer service of a brand. I had some concerns with shock alignment on my Canfield Riot and getting an email back from the guy who designed it is a good way to avoid all the middlemen who send back canned responses to such issues.
That is Kalle Nicolai too. You know, the guy with his name on Nicolais, who actually designed them and helped develop the Horst Link with Horst Leitner, that same Kalle Nicolai.

I had own Nicolai and Titus (when a Titus was a great deal!) and after going back to Giant and such... I don't feel like spending that extra for a bike I'll own maybe 2-3yrs. Bikes nowadays are so much better and you can be on the latest fad without going really fancy or boutique.

There's a bike for everyone.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is Kalle Nicolai too. You know, the guy with his name on Nicolais, who actually designed them and helped develop the Horst Link with Horst Leitner, that same Kalle Nicolai.

I had own Nicolai and Titus (when a Titus was a great deal!) and after going back to Giant and such... I don't feel like spending that extra for a bike I'll own maybe 2-3yrs. Bikes nowadays are so much better and you can be on the latest fad without going really fancy or boutique.

There's a bike for everyone.
Very true. There's also something to be said for big brands no fuss warranty processes. I think when it comes to the "big 3" you're able to shop bike stores whereas boutique you're pretty much limited to one option here in Aus. So say if the local "insert boutique brand here" store is known for shit service, what are you going to do? If you want that brand you have to buy from them. But if you want a Giant or a Trek you can go just about anywhere.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, does anyone have any inkling if Yeti will bring out a longer travel SB150, maybe a SB170? Just wondering if I should jump on the Yeti train with a 150, or wait if a newer thing is about to drop.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
So, does anyone have any inkling if Yeti will bring out a longer travel SB150, maybe a SB170? Just wondering if I should jump on the Yeti train with a 150, or wait if a newer thing is about to drop.
Jump on the 150 and by the time it cracks the 170 will have come out :cool: