2020 COVID delayed Commencal Clash.

moorey

call me Mia
I dunno mate, Bang some 160 or 170mm forks on it and she'd be pretty good as an Enduro rig. It is not a light weight bike though. I don't mind a bit of weight but it's definitely not a trail rig.
Yeah, commies are always heavy, but awesome rides. Felix is at the pointy end of enduro racing, and while it’s only the descent that’s timed, I thought it was more bike than needed to lug around. It would have been fine though, he doesn’t mind some weight. Decided on a bike with similar travel, with lighted frame, and put the weight into a bombproof part list that will survive day in day out racing while not breaking the scales.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I might have missed it, but what did you end up doing with the pads / rotors to pad out the .5mm? I'm potentially looking at a set of the brakes and don't really want to fork out for new rotors as well.

Awesome rig too! :)

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Sadly no it's not the photos and it bugs me too. They are the one thing I'd change now, oh and the wolftooth loxwer headset bearing run which is also that colour. I'd go black knowing what I know now. Might still if I can hock the rotors.
I've got some gold formula cura4s that might be more that colour. Finding it hard to match other parts though. Everyone's got their own gold colour!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Bike looks amazing.... better than the bike park, which may not be open Thursday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
he pads wear
I might have missed it, but what did you end up doing with the pads / rotors to pad out the .5mm? I'm potentially looking at a set of the brakes and don't really want to fork out for new rotors as well.

Awesome rig too! :)
Hey mate so I didn't do anything. I figured TRP were full of shit. The pads have to be able to push out that far and them some as the pads wear. It's .5mm total so .25mm each side. Bugger all. And then to prove it, when they turned up there was no way the 2.3mm rotor would've have fit in. When I had them first installed the wheel would not spin the pads were that tight. TRP say they are good to go out of the box. I had to open them up and push the pistons out to get them to spin freely.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Might have to make it Friday.....
Looks like unannounced road works are scheduled on the driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk