2020 COVID delayed Commencal Clash.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I started this build this time last year in preparation for Bare Creek to open. This thing was delayed almost as long as the park. I initially planned to make this a "cheap" build using all the old parts from my Pivot Mach 6 Carbon but in the end I sold that cheap to a mate and I hated the thought of putting all the old gear on a shiny new frame so I made up all sorts of justifications as to why I need this thing new and that thing new and voila', it's all fresh. As you can see it's got more gold than Liberace's penthouse but I like it. F&*king Covid added months of delays waiting for parts etc. Then the park finally opened and it was locked down up there so I still haven't ridden Bare Creek yet. This Thursday looks like my debut.

Frame - 2020 Commencal Clash
Rear shock - Marzocchi CR Coil with 165mm rear travel this thing feels siiiiick!!!
Front shock/fork - Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Coil 180mm travel with custom gold stickers, very happy with it and between shock and fork it all feels pluuuuushh as Fuuuuu......
Handlebars - Deity Speedway (I think) 35mm
Stem - Deity 35mm
Headset - Wolftooth Components Mix N Match, black up top, gold underneath.
Grips - DMR Death Grips, super sick grips but soft as puppy shit.
Saddle - You sit on it, this one is a WTB Rocket as is very nice. I like it.
Seatpost - Oneup Components, best out there for sure and by far the fastest to install.
Front brake - ahhhh now we get to the good stuff, TRP DHR Evo GOLD AF!!!!
Rear brake - As above both using 200mm Uberbike gold rotors.
Cranks - XT 165mm as usual, so solid.
Chainguide - MRP. This is the only 2nd hand thing on the bike. Mate gave it to me. Stoked!!!
Chain - Connex black with Liberace Gold pins.
Pedals - DMR Vaults (The best, period!!!!) Brendog Edition
Front derailleur - Phhhht. Nope.
Rear derailleur - XT 11 speed with some Uberbike gold jockey wheels
Front shifter - See Front derailleur
Rear shifter - XT, shit's got to match right?
Cassette - Sunrace 11-40 cos it's black.
Front hub - Onyx Vesper in sexy black
Rear hub - Onyx Vesper also in sexy black, the sounds of silence. Love those stealthy freehubs baby.
Front rim - DT FR560 27.5 with custom stickers
Rear rim - DT FR560 27.5 with custom stickers
Spokes - lots of em, 64 in fact and they are black
Nipples - 2
Tyres - Maxxis all the way for me. It's like the old days when you swore you'd never leave Nokia. But you did. And you regretted it. Same with Maxxis for me. Minion SS on the back Minion DHF up front. Pretty good combo I think.
Tubes - Nup.
Total weight - Pretty heavy, in fact pretty close to my Evil Wreckoning 29er but I don't care. I'm a gravity guy and this is a park bike.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Even got a matching gold cable grommet!!!

Minlak

custom titis
I hate to say it - but that is way too nice to ride - this one is definitely meant for the pool room :)

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Looks amazing. I hope to see lots of it in the next ewetoob series.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Awesome bike.

I think DT have their decals right, maxxis are in the wrong. Rim and tire decals should be right way up at the bottom

moorey

call me Mia
Nice one, love these things. I considered one for Felix now that the meta are only 29, but decided it was too much bike for a serious enduro racing rig. Would absolutely grab on for myself if I saw a used frame to use as a DH rig with a burly build.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't like rotor colour (there I said it - although could be photos).
Sadly no it's not the photos and it bugs me too. They are the one thing I'd change now, oh and the wolftooth loxwer headset bearing run which is also that colour. I'd go black knowing what I know now. Might still if I can hock the rotors.

But overall... fuckin eh!! Sexy AF.
Cheers mate.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
but decided it was too much bike for a serious enduro racing rig.
I dunno mate, Bang some 160 or 170mm forks on it and she'd be pretty good as an Enduro rig. It is not a light weight bike though. I don't mind a bit of weight but it's definitely not a trail rig.

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Sadly no it's not the photos and it bugs me too. They are the one thing I'd change now, oh and the wolftooth loxwer headset bearing run which is also that colour. I'd go black knowing what I know now. Might still if I can hock the rotors.

Cheers mate.
Spray them green and sell 'em to @wkkie