ACT SOLD 2020 Giant Anthem 29er 2 medium

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Item: 2020 Giant Anthem 29er 2
Location: Canberra - the Peoples' Republic of the Inner North
Item Condition: Brand new
Reason for selling: 29ers aren't my thing. I'm a luddite who wants his 26" Anthem back.
Price and price conditions: $2800. It's $3800 RRP and some shops will probably do 10% off that. Even when 2021 models appear, shops will probably be asking for more than this still. Perhaps you have a nice RM Thunderbolt or maybe a 27.5" Anthem with a high level spec that's not too old, or similar that you'd trade?
Extra Info: Size medium. Unridden. Full factory Spec: SLX M7100 1x12, Fox Performance, etc .. as per https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/anthem-29-2
Pictures: Here's one from the Giant site. Looks just like it.

Last edited:

RichJS

Likes Dirt
It was a replacement for a cracked 26" so my choices are ride it or sell it.

Also considering partial trades on size L 26" XC duallies ..

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Giant really are incredible with their warranties.
A cracked 26 anthem from how many years ago and this is the replacement!

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Indeed, tho a replacement 26" frame would have been nicer. Perhaps I should just move on, maybe I'd like it with the right few upgrades..

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yep, amazing warranty. Specialized treat you like garbage, almost insulting you for daring to ride a mountain bike in the way the marketing material depicts the bike is intended for, and upon wheel size change couldn’t give two fucks. Then they send you a frame with ALL the bits missing, not even a rear thru axle.

Giant, “here’s your new bike man, three generations of new standards be damned”

If I’m asked for a recommendation for a novice to buy a bike, Giant all the way.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Indeed, tho a replacement 26" frame would have been nicer.
Seems a bit much to complain mate!!!!

Are you sure 29ers aren't for you??? I said that for years. I now own 2 29ers and 2 27.5's. This thing would be awesome. maybe give it some time?? Frameskin it, ride it for a bit then sell it if 29 is still not your thing.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I had to Google that, holy shit...would drive that.

I reckon we let normal service resume now, an Anthem needs a new home.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
So if we're calling the 26" Anthem X Advanced the Sunny - then I reckon it's an N14 GTI-R Sunny. Small, quite light, fast and agile, and most of them are going to be worn and maybe a bit broken now but if you find one, it'll be cheap. The 2020 29er 2 is perhars a brand new Infiniti Q50 3.0T Pure. Bigger, much more modern, shinier .. heavier. If you want the really fast one, it costs a whole lot more $$$.

Are you sure 29ers aren't for you?
uhhh, a funny thing happened: After waiting too long to buy one of Pushy's boxing day sale mega-cheap Thunderbolts, I started thinking about Anthems. After riding a large 26" Inbred and a medium 2017 Reign for a couple of years, last year I built up a medium XTC (with 27.5"+) but it feels like it could be longer so I thought I'd ride a new, size large Anthem a few days ago. And I bought it.

So that means I am definitely selling this medium Anthem. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep
So if we're calling the 26" Anthem X Advanced the Sunny - then I reckon it's an N14 GTI-R Sunny. Small, quite light, fast and agile, and most of them are going to be worn and maybe a bit broken now but if you find one, it'll be cheap. The 2020 29er 2 is perhars a brand new Infiniti Q50 3.0T Pure. Bigger, much more modern, shinier .. heavier. If you want the really fast one, it costs a whole lot more $$$.

uhhh, a funny thing happened: After waiting too long to buy one of Pushy's boxing day sale mega-cheap Thunderbolts, I started thinking about Anthems. After riding a large 26" Inbred and a medium 2017 Reign for a couple of years, last year I built up a medium XTC (with 27.5"+) but it feels like it could be longer so I thought I'd ride a new, size large Anthem a few days ago. And I bought it.

So that means I am definitely selling this medium Anthem. :rolleyes:
ha ha ha. Yep fair enough mate.

T-Rex

Template denier
Yep, amazing warranty. Specialized treat you like garbage, almost insulting you for daring to ride a mountain bike in the way the marketing material depicts the bike is intended for, and upon wheel size change couldn’t give two fucks. Then they send you a frame with ALL the bits missing, not even a rear thru axle.

Giant, “here’s your new bike man, three generations of new standards be damned”

If I’m asked for a recommendation for a novice to buy a bike, Giant all the way.
Yeah, cracked a rear rim on my Defy roadie, Giant gave me a complete new matching wheelset, front and rear.