2020 Norco Optic C1

moorey

call me Mia
Narrow the line down to reduce costs? Pretty incredible value Norco is offering on all 3 models.
I believe they are the same frame used for 27.5/29.
BB height and standover height on the 29 is coincidental about the amount taller then bigger tyres would make it. Wheelbase across all the sizes is saying 3mm difference. You're not retooling a complete new bike for 3mm.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
I weighed the wheels complete (discs, cluster and tyres) on an accurate scale and with the MM up front I had 2072g, HD 2510g at the rear. Changed to HD front and Minion SS and got 2035/2407g so not terrible.
Went to fit the dropper remote and found that the cable outer wasn't installed correctly and was not attached at the seat post end which explains why there is so much extra cable outer hanging around the bars making a birds nest. I'll be fucked if I can get the outer in the right place though, doesn't want to go up the seat tube with the funky bend. Magura is going back on, fuck this cable shit!
I just weighed the rear from my sight and with XTR cassette, slx 180mm rotor and DHR2 it is 2915g. Lots of weight difference given the same rims. Maybe my XT rear hub is full tank spec.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I just weighed the rear from my sight and with XTR cassette, slx 180mm rotor and DHR2 it is 2915g. Lots of weight difference given the same rims. Maybe my XT rear hub is full tank spec.
Still got tubes in maybe? That's a huge difference.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I believe they are the same frame used for 27.5/29.
BB height and standover height on the 29 is coincidental about the amount taller then bigger tyres would make it. Wheelbase across all the sizes is saying 3mm difference. You're not retooling a complete new bike for 3mm.
Norco made a big deal about the two versions being designed around the wheel sizes two years ago when I bought my Sight. This may have changed though to reduce production costs

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Must be full tank spec, perhaps the XTR rotors are dipped in unicorn piss to get the weight down?
Bare the wheels, hubs, rotors, rim strips and valves are 1120g and 1570g

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Using the scientific water method at 23c the Chinese wonder scales are 15% under so it's about 13.5 kg which seems about right.
I'd like to get a kilo off it but short of filling the frame with helium I think that's not a realistic goal.
It must be a 6kg frame set from my calculations, no maple syrup or coke spotted yet but I'll keep looking
That's inline with the overseas claims I have read. Pretty good for a baller of a trailbike I think.

dh1

Likes Dirt
Norco made a big deal about the two versions being designed around the wheel sizes two years ago when I bought my Sight. This may have changed though to reduce production costs
Head angle is different still different between 2020 27.5 and 29 frames?

moorey

call me Mia
Head angle is different still different between 2020 27.5 and 29 frames?
Half a degree, but I’ll say a couple of millimeter difference in wheelbase and bottom bracket are purely due to a different fork, rather than the frame being different. Happy to be proven wrong.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The mounts are there but I don't think there is room for a cage and bottle on the top tube on my sons medium 29er. If there was I'd get him to carry my water. I struggle with backpacks these days. I am even thinking of trying a highly fashionable hip pack just for water. I am a convert to oneup edc.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Norco's have never really pedalled well. Anything that uses fsr is usually pretty bobby in my experience. I am a bit annoyed at how the sight is now more like a range. the old model was the ultimate do-everything rig. I

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hope brakes and Wolf Tooth dropper fitted along with the Minion SS.

What's the story with the box weights? Do they just stitch you up on the package weight?
I'm packing the tools and shit with my sons bike, it's only 10.5kg and in a lighter bag.