Sold 2020 Norco Search XR A1 (700c) MED GRAVEL BIKE - SOLD

treble

Likes Dirt
Item: 2020 Norco Search XR A1 (700c) MED (53)
Item Condition: Near new
Reason for selling: Can't Get used to drop bars / Need something I can put a kids seat on
Price and price conditions: $1900 $1800 ono or Trades - See Extra info
Extra Info:
I bought this bike in December 2019 mainly to tear around the paths near my house that are a mix of tarmac and gravel. Its been on a couple of longer gravel rides as well as cruising the paths, but hasn’t been out of the garage more than a dozen times. I'm not really that keen to part with it, but I need a bike more suited to fit a front mounted child seat. I looked into converting it to flat bar but its too much hassle.
I'm looking to replace it with a 29" XC/Trail oriented hardtail, so would consider trades that fit the bill. I would need something that hasn’t had its fork steerer cut right back, I need around 20mm of spacers for the kid seat.

EDIT: Have ordered a new frame so not looking for complete bike trades any longer. Would consider trades that include the following parts:

• Forks - 29" Boost 130mm-ish
  • Cranks to suit 10 speed or 11/12 speed groupsets
  • Switched some things back to stock. Better Pics Added
Factory spec sheet from Norco: https://www.norco.com/bike-archives/2020/search-xr-a1/
upgrades from stock include:

• Maxxis Rambler tyres (700x40) set up tubeless with Stans sealant and valves.
  • Brand x Ascend II Dropper post - 105mm Drop with Road bar Lever.
  • Lizard skins DSP Bar tape - Double layered over the OEM tape for thicker and softer grip.
Can provide stock parts/tyres with sale
No pedals included.

Pictures:

Attachments

Last edited:

treble

Likes Dirt
Surely someone in Melbourne is keen to get out and try some gravel riding now that we’re out of lockdown.
You think your hard tail is good for skill building? This thing is a blast, makes bike paths and boring single track feel like riding fun flow trails. I seriously would just keep it, but I’ve bought a primal 29 frame to replace it because I’ll be able to put a Thule yepp seat on it. I’ve got no space for extra bikes and need the cash for parts.

I got out and took some better photos and I’ve changed a couple of bits back to stock so they are better fit. I always end up running super uncomfortably short cockpits.

the new model of this can be had for about $2300, but hasn’t changed other than the colour (which isn’t as nice IMO) And won’t come with a dropper or the nice tubeless Maxxis tyres. Happy to sell to a burner for $1800 and I’ll throw in the stock tyres (taken off new) and 2 sets of replacement Shimano brake pads.

Please don’t make me deal with the masses on Facebook/scumtree

treble

Likes Dirt
Why must you be shorter than me. My bloody luck Glws
How tall are you? Road sizing has me confused. The bike was medium when I bought it. All my mountain bikes have been mediums and this fits the same. But I’ve got 53 listed on my invoice?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I'm looking at one of these and If it was a bigger size id be all over this. Norco size chart is telling me I need a 58.

Minlak

custom titis
How tall are you? Road sizing has me confused. The bike was medium when I bought it. All my mountain bikes have been mediums and this fits the same. But I’ve got 53 listed on my invoice?
A 53 is 165 ish to 173 ish in size (for ideal sized peeps) A 55.5 is 171 ish to 180 ish both of these would be considered mediums

treble

Likes Dirt
Ok cool, that makes sense. For reference I’m about 175. And if anything the reach felt a bit long. But I do prefer to run a smaller bike

RB 24

Likes Dirt
I’m 181cm. Long legs short torso. I’ve raced 54’s in cannondale and medium/large in giants etc.

Last bike was a 55ett and that was okay for less than 2 hours. Any more and I was crippled.

RB 24

Likes Dirt
A 53 is 165 ish to 173 ish in size (for ideal sized peeps) A 55.5 is 171 ish to 180 ish both of these would be considered mediums
Brand dependant yeah. Comes to traditional design of straight tt or sloped designs.
Even in a 54 I need to put a 120-130 stem to work for my monkey arms.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
You're not that tall are you? I'd be very surprised if you were on a 58.
58 does sound too big, I'm 181cm and my old roadie is a 54 and it's a bit small, I figured Norco sizing might be different or their size chart is shit?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
58 does sound too big, I'm 181cm and my old roadie is a 54 and it's a bit small, I figured Norco sizing might be different or their size chart is shit?
Mmm okay, bit taller than me then, thought we were about the same. Looking at the geo chart it's a bit weird. 58 might be right at 399 reach with a short stem. I prefer about 390mm reach on my roadies with a 100-110 stem. 55cm C-T seat tube is not crazy long either. Definitely worth you trying to get on one in a 99B then as we said, could probably go either 58 or 55.5 depending on fit preference.