2020 World Cup Discussion

_______

Is an alien from 2007
in the spirit of DH in the 90s golden years I propose we also indulge in:

2020 World Cup: The Drinking Game

Marrying the Actual World Cup and Our Efforts To Pick Winners In Same into a single, 9 month long alcoholic (or kombucha for those so inclined) binge-fest, with the only prize being alive at the end (so either don't take it too seriously or get your liver in training early); kind of a lot like DH in the 90s (from what I hear).

Rules:
Posts in this thread (and this thread only) count, unless howls of dissent, in which case take yer pick.
e.g.

2020WC:TDG
Burner adds Vali Holl to their fantasy DH team: 2 drinks
Vali Holl wins a round: 1 drink
Someone reminds someone else that "Vali is Elite now": 1 drink
Burner ditches Von Klebelsberg for no points last round: 1 drink
Burner ditches Von Klebelsberg for no jeans last round: 10 drinks
An Aussie wins a round: 6 drinks
An Aussie nobody picked because too expensive wins a round: 2 drinks
An Aussie nobody picked because they thought s/he was a kiwi wins a round: 10 drinks
A Kiwi podiums: 4 drinks
A Kiwi sneaks into a Burner's all-Aussie lineup by lint/State Star confusion or red/white colourblindness: 3 drinks
As above, said Kiwi podiums: 30 drinks
Wyn wins: 20 drinks and a wheelie (video evidence) [video evidence of both in same event: everyone else 20 drinks extra]
Doping conviction, of any kind, Burners or riders: 1 sack goon, IV or oral up to you.
Bruni hugs Amaury: 1 drink
Amaury hugs Bruni: 1 drink
Frenchy hug fest: 1 drink
Brosnan hugs anyone: 12 drinks
Fairclough hugs tree: 3 drinks

etc.
thoughts?

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Agreed. She’ll be on the podium most rounds, but not challenging for the overall.
Will still be Aus National champ in 2 weeks though.
And crushing Crankworx dh by 24s.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
A Kiwi sneaks into a Burner's all-Aussie lineup by lint/State Star confusion or red/white colourblindness: 3 drinks
As above, said Kiwi podiums: 30 drinks
I don't like this rule. Brannigan podiumed at Rotorua. It was just plain old poor eyesight :(

moorey

call me Mia
So. Most have said it’s too close to R1, to race Nationals. Most heading over to acclimatize.
No Tracey, Mick, Troy, Connor, Jack, Deano..... we will have 2 new National champs by default. My money is on Frew and Coutts. Only 2 women in elite. Either Sian or Tegan can win. I say Sian.

moorey

call me Mia
Well..him not going definitely won’t be a win.
My daughter Quinn is the only u13 girl in this weekends DH nationals.
I guarantee she’s not going to sit it out in protest and miss out on being the National Champ :p

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
It’s actually a pretty competitive gig at state level. Most are either just a bit older or deterred by it being the Nationals maybe.
Either way, she’s had 2 big results in the last 2 races, loving herself sock, and already hinting at a bike upgrade FFS :oops:
The Moore's will be putting the wind up the Hannah and Atherton mobs in a few short years.

moorey

call me Mia
The Moore's will be putting the wind up the Hannah and Atherton mobs in a few short years.
Felix just plays with DH. He’s an absolute Endurbro. Loves the grind of hours out there on the bike more than short shuttled DH runs.
Quinn won’t pedal, so I’ll have to employ a 2nd dad to help me out with events.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Well..him not going definitely won’t be a win.
My daughter Quinn is the only u13 girl in this weekends DH nationals.
I guarantee she’s not going to sit it out in protest and miss out on being the National Champ :p
I thought that they'd canned the u13 categories and weren't letting them race up in u15 this year. There was a bit of a stink from some of the parents of the young local pinners who had already booked accommodation.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Felix just plays with DH. He’s an absolute Endurbro. Loves the grind of hours out there on the bike more than short shuttled DH runs.
Quinn won’t pedal, so I’ll have to employ a 2nd dad to help me out with events.
What are you offering as payment to be this surrogate father?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk