2021 Trans Tasmania Enduro

moorey

call me Mia
lots of KM with verts? without verts lots of km are not so useful...crank up the climbs, i know a spot. oh and the downs are good too.
Enough verts. The loop has about 500m of elevation. Twice a week while Felix is swimming, I do ride up loops of the local DH tracks.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Sounds like you’re putting yourself in a good place @moorey, nice one. The high intensity stuff is good in lieu of being able to spend all day on the bike. The TransTas days will have lots of VM but all you have to do is get up them, you’ll be fine if you keep this work rate up for the next 8 weeks.

moorey

call me Mia
Sounds like you’re putting yourself in a good place @moorey, nice one. The high intensity stuff is good in lieu of being able to spend all day on the bike. The TransTas days will have lots of VM but all you have to do is get up them, you’ll be fine if you keep this work rate up for the next 8 weeks.
I’ll work up to some 50km ish rides soon. Try to do a couple of days in a row. I’ll be better prepared than either of the TransNZ’s, though it’s a bit tougher and I’m a bit older. If the back holds up, I’m confident I’ll get through.

moorey

call me Mia
Not jealous of the 5:30 and rain, but very jealous that you've got some vert nearby to train on. I've got nothing within a 45 min drive
Yeah, can’t complain (though I get complacent and lazy). Dozens of good trails for 100’s of km at my actual doorstep. I’ve got no excuse for being unfit, though I always manage to find some.

rstim

Likes Dirt
If anyone is still keen to enter email megan@ridingbc.com I enquired about volunteering recently and she said there were still spots available if I wanted to give it a crack. Don't think my legs, back and butt could manage the 5 days though with the small amount of riding I've been doing lately.

moorey

call me Mia
If anyone is still keen to enter email megan@ridingbc.com I enquired about volunteering recently and she said there were still spots available if I wanted to give it a crack. Don't think my legs, back and butt could manage the 5 days though with the small amount of riding I've been doing lately.
Do it. You’re only a week behind in prep and probably starting from a better base than me.