2021 Trans Tasmania Enduro

moorey

call me Mia
No doubt we'll all have a ball I'm sure it's going to be great fun!
What spares are you going to bring @moorey you've done a couple of these style of races before, I'm not really sure what extras I should take for the new bike?
Very few....just don’t have the space. A derailleur, bar mount shifter, dropper, chains, inner cables, f/r brake levers, one caliper, basic tools.
Felix and I run pretty much everything the same spec, size and diameter for ease of spares.
You’re self catering/Accomodating though, aren’t you? If I was in a car/van/camper, I’d bring 3 of every bike part in the world.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Very few....just don’t have the space. A derailleur, bar mount shifter, dropper, chains, inner cables, f/r brake levers, one caliper, basic tools.
Felix and I run pretty much everything the same spec, size and diameter for ease of spares.
You’re self catering/Accomodating though, aren’t you? If I was in a car/van/camper, I’d bring 3 of every bike part in the world.
You'll have more spares than I looking at that list but gives me an idea of some stuff I should grab. The boys from Sprung (sweet bike shop in Launceston) will be traveling with the event helping keep bikes going I believe so they should have all the big tools you can't fit.
I've paid for the fully catered ticket will only have as much storage space as you, but know a couple of guys doing the solo self drive option so could stash some stuff with them at worst.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, there’s always good support. I’d say if you’re running mainstream parts like Eagle/Shimano 12x and Shimano/SRAM brakes, they’ll have you well covered. We’re old school with 11sp here, so I’d hate to get struck with a minor mechanical they don’t carry spares for.....and have to buy a full new 12x drivetrain off them to keep rolling.
Will come down to what we can fit in and stay under weight also. If we have plenty of room, I’ll even chuck in spare pedals/seat/grips.
Never needed any spares on either TransNZ though. If it came to a major issue that we couldn’t fix, I’d give Felix parts off my bike, or just give him my bike, and watch you all suffer. That’s how I roll :p

moorey

call me Mia
You have a month yet and 2021 is in a couple of hours doesn't the server reset and we can start again?
Without NSW riders, down to under 70. They sent out a poll seeing who would prefer to postpone to nov. you know NSW people will, and surely a few more. Numbers won’t be feasible.

Minlak

custom titis
Without NSW riders, down to under 70. They sent out a poll seeing who would prefer to postpone to nov. you know NSW people will, and surely a few more. Numbers won’t be feasible.
Which is more annoying - The event being postponed - Or the extra "Training" you did?

moorey

call me Mia
Which is more annoying - The event being postponed - Or the extra "Training" you did?
I don’t mind the heavy training...but family and household duties suffered immensely over the last 5 weeks.
I can’t get a transfer or refund on the flights I booked unfortunately.
Double blow is having cancelled Vic camping booking to go see the kids grandparents in NSW. Now both are also torpedoed.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Soooooo, what Is minimum number ?
I have no skills , nil fitness and no bike - these are not insurmountable obstacles.

unfortunately cannot help with family stuff .

Why no transfer ? - that would be a pain in the arse - and possibly ‘ un conciouable conduct ‘ - Un Australian at the least.

moorey

call me Mia
Soooooo, what Is minimum number ?
I have no skills , nil fitness and no bike - these are not insurmountable obstacles.

unfortunately cannot help with family stuff .

Why no transfer ? - that would be a pain in the arse - and possibly ‘ un conciouable conduct ‘ - Un Australian at the least.
Money was tight. Wife was stressed af about the $5200 I’d just dropped on our entry. I skimped.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Got any proof of that?

IIRC, they still don't know how the virus got out of quarantine, and how it's ended up in Vic is unknown.

COVID is not going anywhere for a while.

[edit] BTW I'm not unsympathetic!

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Got any proof of that?

IIRC, they still don't know how the virus got out of quarantine, and how it's ended up in Vic is unknown.

COVID is not going anywhere for a while.

[edit] BTW I'm not unsympathetic!
Watching the people on Sydney beaches gathering en masse. Hearing about people getting caught breaking out of quarantine and crossing borders....I’m hearing what fits my narrative.
It’s a first world problem. Just feeling sorry for myself.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Watching the people on Sydney beaches gathering en masse. Hearing about people getting caught breaking out of quarantine and crossing borders....I’m hearing what fits my narrative.
It’s a first world problem. Just feeling sorry for myself.
Keen to hear more about the quarantine breakout across the border. Got a link?

Gathering on beaches is not disallowed at this stage. Don’t blame the people...

moorey

call me Mia
Keen to hear more about the quarantine breakout across the border. Got a link?

Gathering on beaches is not disallowed at this stage. Don’t blame the people...
No, I don’t, not handy, but it was happening.
You say ‘don’t blame the people‘....I do. Common sense said not to gather shoulder to shoulder in a hot zone, even if it wasn’t banned.
Greater Sydney is looking like a huge problem, and testing numbers are plummeting. Sticking your fingers in your ears won’t work.
Besides, you aren’t doing the TT, but if you were, and I’m my position, particularly after months of strict lockdowns in Vic, you’d be frustrated seeing what’s going on too. We’ve just had mandatory masks reinstated with 3 (edit, now 8) cases in the state. There will be more. We all knew there would be if people slacked off. They did.
I’m entitled to a a sulky rant about a looming event cancellation. Don’t like it? Head over to the LTIL thread.

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Expecting Strayans to display common sense is nonsensical.

We are, however, quite a compliant people. Just mandate & it will be done.