2021 World Cup Downhill discussion

moorey

call me Mia
See @moorey - suspension goes boing!

Kind of glad this didn't capture all of Bulldog's crash, the audio is brutal enough:
My Christ! Props for how he handled that!
Edit, as in Bruno.
Is Bulldog ok? That’s gotta relive trauma :oops:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
My Christ! Props for how he handled that!
Edit, as in Bruno.
Is Bulldog ok? That’s gotta relive trauma :oops:
Bulldog apparently went on to qualify, so must be reasonably alright. Dude's a beast. Genuinely terrifying for us mere mortals every time he takes off between the tape, but it doesn't seem to phase him in the slightest.

And yeah, Bruni almost rode that out. Insane.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Not sure who is commentating the DH but just watched the short track on SBS and it wasn’t terrible. Also picked up that 4x will be on too, which will be fun to see again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Luke Meier-Smith has been getting better all season, having a blinder in EWS. Top 10 for my money.
Hard agree. I just don’t want him to jeopardize his EWS overall. Before crashing in practice at 2020 DH Nationals, as a 17/18yo, his seeding run was as fast as anyone in elite. Big fan of the lad and his young Bro. Remy 7th? Olly Davis 22nd. Is it only top 20 like WC or do all get a run? I can’t remember.

Last edited:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Got a link for the 4X @foxpuppet, I haven't been able to find any mention of it anywhere.
Nah I don’t think SBS opted in for that one.
It was the commentary team discussing the events this week. 4x was mentioned by them and also in this release.

From August 25 to 29, 2021, the UCI Mountain Bike World Championships presented by Mercedes-Benz take place in Val di Sole (Trentino, Italy).

The event in Daolasa di Commezzadura marks the first time that the new MTB World Champions are crowned in six disciplines. In addition to Cross Country, Team Relay, Downhill, Four-Cross and E-MTB, from 2021 the International Cycling Union (UCI) has introduced the Short Track in the Mountain Bike World Championships program.

On Wednesday, August 25th, the Team Relay opens the World Championships program, followed by the Junior Cross-Country races and the new Short Track specialty on Thursday, August 26th.

E-MTB and Four-Cross are scheduled on Friday, August 27th, one day before the Elite and U23 Cross Country competitions of Saturday, August 28th. As usual, the grand finale will be staged with the Downhill races: the show is guaranteed on the legendary Black Snake.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Nah I don’t think SBS opted in for that one.
It was the commentary team discussing the events this week. 4x was mentioned by them and also in this release.

From August 25 to 29, 2021, the UCI Mountain Bike World Championships presented by Mercedes-Benz take place in Val di Sole (Trentino, Italy).

The event in Daolasa di Commezzadura marks the first time that the new MTB World Champions are crowned in six disciplines. In addition to Cross Country, Team Relay, Downhill, Four-Cross and E-MTB, from 2021 the International Cycling Union (UCI) has introduced the Short Track in the Mountain Bike World Championships program.

On Wednesday, August 25th, the Team Relay opens the World Championships program, followed by the Junior Cross-Country races and the new Short Track specialty on Thursday, August 26th.

E-MTB and Four-Cross are scheduled on Friday, August 27th, one day before the Elite and U23 Cross Country competitions of Saturday, August 28th. As usual, the grand finale will be staged with the Downhill races: the show is guaranteed on the legendary Black Snake.

Shame, hopefully be able to find a reply or highlights reel in the coming weeks.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yeah, downloaded it from google play store.
Download it. Open it. Choose a country to "connect" through (I chose Japan).

Then open the redbull TV app and start watching.

Then disconnect the vpn if you want.

I've just been switching between RB and the redbull app watching the xc without the vpn connected.