2022 World Cup Downhill discussion

ausdb

Being who he is
It would be the local trail maintenance crew doing it if there was.
There would certainly be work before holding the event which usually becomes obvious when corners get blown out and soft dirt appears from the deep ruts that were filled in.
Ta wasn't so much the bunting and stuff more the innner greenie in me wondering about the environmental impacts the way the courses get so chopped up, didn't realise most of these are in bike parks so I guess its just part of the business of running a bike park.

This is a question I find interesting (especially with a lot of the courses that have found their way onto the DH circuit).

Lourdes would definitely be classed as one of the more technical tracks these days IMO.

Not that I'd be able to ride it (or any of the other "less" technical courses).

2007 Champery comes to mind for me as a extremely steep/technical track especially considering how much faster Hill's qualifying time was compared to everyone else. And everyone rode qualis in the dry.

Val Di Sole, Maribor another 2 I guess
Been going through these today too, far out...

Gopro of the winning run broke my brain. So fast.
Yeah from watching the track walks and Cathro's video comparing lines down sections to watching it from the riders perspective has blown my mind.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ta wasn't so much the bunting and stuff more the innner greenie in me wondering about the environmental impacts the way the courses get so chopped up, didn't realise most of these are in bike parks so I guess its just part of the business of running a bike park.
Probably less chopped up than a few hundred non world cup riders down it dragging brakes and roosting for show.

A lot of bike parks in Europe, US, Canada etc are ski resorts during the winter and when the trails emerge from under the melt, usually need a lot of work anyway.

moorey

call me Mia
It’s hard for me to watch without constantly thinking about the consequences of getting 6” off line in about 50 spots on that track.
Especially after the injuries he’s recently had.
Big ups.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Aaron Gwin failed to qualify. Good thing he's selling that big house he built. He'll never be able to afford the mortgage the way he's going.

Meanwhile:

View attachment 389708
It’s a real shame, as he was a fantastic racer.

It’s pretty clear that he no longer has the (immense) desire to push/risk/win that you need in the current series so his career just seems to be fizzling out. That is pretty normal for most guys at this time in their career but it just draws so much attention as he was so dominant for a period.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
It’s a real shame, as he was a fantastic racer.

It’s pretty clear that he no longer has the (immense) desire to push/risk/win that you need in the current series so his career just seems to be fizzling out. That is pretty normal for most guys at this time in their career but it just draws so much attention as he was so dominant for a period.
And Minaar is still adding to his number of wins.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk