2022 World Cup Downhill discussion

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
It’s a lot of pressure. Will be interesting to see how he manages it.

With no Loris, Loic or Danny, it’s a great opportunity for Finn or Troy to get a win. I’ll be pretty stoked if either of them bring home the win. Would be happy if Minaar did it too.
I guess he managed it pretty well… (EDIT: original comment was in relation to Finn qualifying first on home soil)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Been avoiding this thread and spoilers all day to watch the rerun - open the REdbull page to watch it and the first thing at the top of the page is a fucking spoiler. Fucking annoyed.

cammas

Seamstress
Did anyone notice at the end of the coverage that Elliot said the world champs is his last time with redbull. Does that mean he’s joining discovery?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Did anyone notice at the end of the coverage that Elliot said the world champs is his last time with redbull. Does that mean he’s joining discovery?
Seems probable doesn't it? He has mellowed a bit the last couple of rounds doing commentary, not actually loathing him as much now. I'm hoping they take on Tracey Hannah, I love when she's genuinely flabbergasted by the stuff the top riders are pulling off now.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So ah, World Champs are next week and of course you can't watch it live in Australia on Red Bull TV but thankfully you may get the 7 minute replay of the elite downhill classes on SBS a month later. Anyone got any intel on how we may be able to watch it? I think Red Bull TV may have shown a replay the day after even?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
So ah, World Champs are next week and of course you can't watch it live in Australia on Red Bull TV but thankfully you may get the 7 minute replay of the elite downhill classes on SBS a month later. Anyone got any intel on how we may be able to watch it? I think Red Bull TV may have shown a replay the day after even?
I feel like this happens every year and often it ends up getting shown on Redbull at the last minute. That said, there was one year (maybe last year???) they didn't and it was live on SBS online. Commentary was horrible and makes me fear for next year when Rob is no longer calling races :(

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Has Warner said he isn't going to do the Discovery thing and stay on Red Bull?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has Warner said he isn't going to do the Discovery thing and stay on Red Bull?
Yep, he is sticking to his Redbull contract and will do their events (This from the Whitely ep of Downtime Podcast - Well worth a listen)

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
This was what happened last year, was still blocked on Red Bull TV for Aus (unlike previous years). Using a VPN was the best way to watch the redbull.tv stream

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/in...d-cup-downhill-discussion.318507/post-3435708

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So, i checked my Foxtel TV guide and the World Champs are televised live on Fox Sports from 9pm Saturday night. I dunno about Sunday, couldn't care less about the XC but yeah, it's on Foxtel. ;)