22 Sep Carbarlah

itsajoke

Likes Dirt
About time the dust of Carbarlah got a look so how about 6 am start to counter some of the heat. If you're keen be at the pub ready to roll at 6. edit: now 6.30am

I'm already out because the trip to Townsville on Friday night. I wish you all well.

EDIT:I offer my apologies to all affected. I initiated this thread with the intention of doing the ride and as I wrote it remembered I had another engagement. Rather than delete it I left it up as a service to others that had expressed their interest in such a ride. Never again shall I start a thread about a ride if I know I am not able to be there. Or if there is a medium to high risk of not being able to attend. If you are affected please contact me via this means for arrangement of compensation.

That is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benzy

Likes Dirt
I will be there unless Santa decides to pay me a visit...:;)

Will confirm Friday night when I know what's going on...

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I havn't riden with you guys in ages, I would love to come out but im off to rocky for a week on saturday morning.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
About time the dust of Carbarlah got a look so how 6 am start to counter some of the heat. If you're keen be at the pub ready to roll at 6.

I'm already out because the trip to Townsville on Friday night. I wish you all well.
Why start a thread if you aren't going to ride?

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have moved this thread into the Club Ride section guys, I figure that 90% of the people who do these rides are club members, so why shouldn't they be called club rides. Anyone disagree?

Benzy

Likes Dirt
I have moved this thread into the Club Ride section guys, I figure that 90% of the people who do these rides are club members, so why shouldn't they be called club rides. Anyone disagree?

I agree... Sorry if it's been me that has held up this 'transition' to official club ride. Should be pretty much 100% of us as of Saturday (apart from the odd occasion).

I would say that from an insurance perspective, a company is more likely to pay out when there is no evidence to say that it is a non-official ride (whether there be sufficient members riding or not)... In some cases (not many) an insurance company will find any means necessary to not pay out a claim, this gives them one less reason if something should happen (cynical I know).

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I should be there depending on whether the little fella is sick still. He's had a rough couple of days after his immunisation.

I haven't ridden Carbarlah before. What sort of ride is it? Not a monster like Egypt is it? It takes me 45 minutes to get to Toowoomba, how long from there?

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I haven't ridden Carbarlah before. What sort of ride is it? Not a monster like Egypt is it? It takes me 45 minutes to get to Toowoomba, how long from there?
The Cabarlah ride is usually about 25Km with even proportion of up and down. It would take you another 15-20mins to get out to Cabarlah from town.