243 racing seat post size?

jacob123

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys,
just a quick Q,
does ay one know the seat post size for the 243 racing frames?
would i need to be running a bmx post?
also, what would look better on a hardtail rig, pivitol or the standard rail seats? tossing up between the two
thanks alot
jacob

jacob123

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, that looks like thats the right thing,
now i just gotta get the excisting seat post out, because its stuck in tight, and even mattys tank arms couldnt get it out:mad:

fairy1

Banned
Whatever you do don't get the .243 post they are shite. The heads break very easily, there are a few brands that do the 26.8mm posts because most of the pivotal seats are really wide making it hard to get over the back of em.

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, that looks like thats the right thing,
now i just gotta get the excisting seat post out, because its stuck in tight, and even mattys tank arms couldnt get it out:mad:
Ha, Matt's tank arms, yeah right! Just kidding, he is the equivilant of a breaker bar in handiness of getting hard to undo shit undone.

All I can say is WD40, and try heating up the seat tube a bit because it (in theory) should expand and the post slide out a bit easier, with the WD40. So I take it you got your new frame/bike? Epic win.

|Matt|

Banned
even mattys tank arms couldnt get it out:mad:
lawl :p.

So you haven't got it out yet?

I was thinking it would be funny to get a car, attach a rope to it, tie it to the bottom bracket shell, then get another car on the other side of the bike and lace a rope through the hole in the seatpost that the guy drilled and have both cars accelerate really hard. Either the seatpost will come out, or the weld at the top of the chainstay which joins the seat tube to the chainstay and top tube might snap. Either way it is a decent result.

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lawl :p.

So you haven't got it out yet?

I was thinking it would be funny to get a car, attach a rope to it, tie it to the bottom bracket shell, then get another car on the other side of the bike and lace a rope through the hole in the seatpost that the guy drilled and have both cars accelerate really hard. Either the seatpost will come out, or the weld at the top of the chainstay which joins the seat tube to the chainstay and top tube might snap. Either way it is a decent result.
All I can say is, funniest home videos.