24Hr racing advice

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My Pit Crew has applied for leave....
Would love to mate but got other shit on where I am also just the fixer and in my case, funder. Dont reckon they will be able to do 24hr under 18... just yet. May cause me pain very soon though...

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I'll probably decide the Friday 8th Nov as per usual. Not the greatest SS course depending on how it's laid out. Been a while since I've done the Piney 12hr, 24hr will be a good punish.

Edit... Oops, it's not the old Piney course so won't have those long flat descents..
I'm really only going so that I can get a good feel for WEMBO 2020

It's a PITA location for almost everyone

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
We rode it this weekend. Fairly simple track but some rocky sections and pinches should make it hurt after a while..

Ackland

chats d'élevage
We rode it this weekend. Fairly simple track but some rocky sections and pinches should make it hurt after a while..
What's the max gradient?
Care to share your Strava activity?

I'm considering running 32:19 instead of 32:20 because it's a "flat" course on paper

Last edited:

DMan

What's the max gradient?
Care to share your Strava activity?

I'm considering running 32:19 instead of 32:20 because it's a "flat" course on paper
I don't Strava. Max gradient is 11% though and total gain is about 130m per lap. Most of the climbing is in the beginning on the first 2 stages. They are probably less than 1.5km together. After that it's gradual climbing. At about 6km you've done 95m of climbing. Lots of tight twisty turns though. My wife would have it all on her Strava.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I don't Strava. Max gradient is 11% though and total gain is about 130m per lap.

Lots of tight twisty turns though. My wife would have it all on her Strava.
Heaps less gain than their quoted 190vm

Tight and twisty flowy or janky? Like Wombat (Vic) or sparrow (ACT)?

DMan

Heaps less gain than their quoted 190vm

Tight and twisty flowy or janky? Like Wombat (Vic) or sparrow (ACT)?
Yeah, that's what we thought. Unless they're going to add something to add elevation we are pretty sure we rode the course and all 3 of us recorded 130 ish across 3 different computers. Pretty much twisty flowy. Not heaps of really tight stuff and plenty of open easy sections. No difficult uphills or obstacles though. Some of the little uphill pinches will hurt over time I'm sure though....

DMan

Just ordered 2X 20,000maH battery packs. Getting built this week. 1500 lumen for 6.5hrs each should keep my wife happy...