24Hr racing advice

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Also what's the missus name
Emma Rhymer. 231km, 4000m climbing. Riding time 22.5hrs. Very proud
How was the sunrise?
It was awesome. A great event with great people. We were well set up and it went smoothly. My wife was the model 24hr rider I reckon. No low points, ate and drank well and only faded on the very last lap. She's having a rest day today though as she hurts in places she didn't know she could hurt.....

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Well done! It's a big ask, and I was part of a riding team. To only miss 1.5 hours out of the total is awesome.

A solo 24hr is on my bucket list, but I'm well away from that goal just yet.

DMan

Well done! It's a big ask, and I was part of a riding team. To only miss 1.5 hours out of the total is awesome.

A solo 24hr is on my bucket list, but I'm well away from that goal just yet.
Funny because it's not on mine. A team one next year if possible but I don't have the mental capacity for a solo.
Good consistency in lap times.

Planning #2?
Yep. The idea of 3 a year has changed but Asia/Pacific in Nov is the next one planned

DMan

Congrats to your wife! Tremendous effort!

Rotorburn 24hr team
Cheers mate I'm very proud. Now THAT'S a cool idea for any fellow RBers who'd like to do a team next year. It's a very well run event so come on up.... ;)

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Hopefully the advice from the masses served you well as a blueprint.

How good is sunrise!

I'm at 12 days on the countdown clock to Bike SA Dirty Weekend 24

DMan

Hopefully the advice from the masses served you well as a blueprint.

How good is sunrise!

I'm at 12 days on the countdown clock to Bike SA Dirty Weekend 24
Sure did. And between her coach Jodie Willet and her dietician she had a good training program and food sorted. Sunrise is magic, even for pitcrew. I love watching throughout the night though. The constant stream of bikes and lights. all the other tents having a good time.
Good luck mate and hopefully we'll meet in Nov then.