26 rear / 27.5 front - rad or bogus?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Mullets are also business in front party out back. So the only way this is going to work is if the bigger wheel is the business end and the smaller wheel is the party end, is that right??

I'm not sure I fully get it. Not sure I fully want to...
Smaller wheels aren't mentioned openly in public to be more fun but they are, apparently. Having the wagon wheel up front has to be business since it won't be any party.

Someone took an anonymous study somewhere where 4 out of 5 wagon wheeled riders wanted to have more fun wheels but didn't want to admit it to themselves :) Wheel guilt and wheel self denial is almost a proven medical condition.

Reactions: PJO

Flip666

Likes Dirt
I put a 26 on the rear of a Dartmoor hornet and it made it a way better bike for jumping, cornering and everything except for chattery trails.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Currently doing it on tranny. Honestly can’t tell.
Good to know I'm wasting my money/time

I'm not expecting it to make up for a lack of skill, so long as it doesn't prove to be detrimental I'll be pretty happy.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
It’s one mans experience/opinion. Same bike has been full 26 and full 27.5...and really couldn’t feel a difference.

moorey

call me Mia
Do it, some of the older crew would have run 26" fronts and 24" rear back in the day
Including me on the 222 back in the day to stop tyre hitting frame in slack mode.

@Plankosaurus, returned mine to full 27.5 for Cressy. Planning to try it in its intended 26” but worries about pedal strike. Seems barely high enough with 650’s, even though it’s a 26” frame.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Well it's done now, and Mr Beefy is getting the old 26" pair so there's no going back now.

Running the same Minion dhf front but now at 2.5 instead of 2.3 so I'm expecting at least a little change.

...not that I'll notice any change while I'm learning how to ride when I'm eventually able to hit the trails again

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk