27.5 + aftermarket wheels

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, I'm on 27.5+ plus wheels now. It's going pretty well. The wheels the bike came with are pretty hefty though. anyone purchased aftermarket wheels for theres?? the easiset to get seems to be the Spank Oozy. any other suggestions??

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Stans Flow MK3 to Hope Pro 4. Hanbuilt from Merlin for $650 delivered. You could probably dig up a discount code somewhere too.

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
So, I'm on 27.5+ plus wheels now. It's going pretty well. The wheels the bike came with are pretty hefty though. anyone purchased aftermarket wheels for theres?? the easiset to get seems to be the Spank Oozy. any other suggestions??
I can happily recommend the Spank Oozy 395+. Stripped my flows ex rims off Hope two hubs and rebuilt with the Spank rims. Not using plus tyres but the rims have been great and stayed nice and true. My other bike is a plus conversion. Back is a DT Swiss fr570 which would be a touch slim for you at 27.5 internal and front is a Syntace W40 (w35 27.5 version) and would be ideal for what you looking for. Another rim I looked at was Alex supra 35, great price but I had to much trouble tracking down 26". Easton also do an Arc40 which would give you desired tyre profile

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can happily recommend the Spank Oozy 395+. Stripped my flows ex rims off Hope two hubs and rebuilt with the Spank rims. Not using plus tyres but the rims have been great and stayed nice and true. My other bike is a plus conversion. Back is a DT Swiss fr570 which would be a touch slim for you at 27.5 internal and front is a Syntace W40 (w35 27.5 version) and would be ideal for what you looking for. Another rim I looked at was Alex supra 35, great price but I had to much trouble tracking down 26". Easton also do an Arc40 which would give you desired tyre profile
Nice. Thanks for that.

PedalPhil

Likes Bikes
Have a squiz on the Plus Bikes Downunder Facebook group. Alot of people there running Nextie Carbon Rims with very good results, I have two sets of wheels, 26" x 65mm and 27.5" x 40mm.

These guys are the Aussie dealers, and usually cheaper than buying out of China with freight.
http://www.premiummtb.com.au/

I got my set of 40mm (33.6mm ID), DT Comps, Hope Boost Pro4s from them. Build is rocksolid - why go Ally for only a smidge cheaper, when you can go carbon?

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Nice choice. I'm digging the wide rims myself ,not so much the plus nobby nics. Horrid tyre if you ask me. Am enjoying the 26+ wtb Ranger,great tyre that even with the low knob profile grips nicely.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haven't go the Hopes yet. Any punters out there got them???
I have a pair of the 35w. Sealed up tubeless easily with bear outdoor masking tape from bunnings, some valves out of an old tube and some sealant.

Very stiff wheelset. Came with spare spokes and nipples.

Here are a couple of pics next to a flow mk3 wheel for comparison. Both running a 2.5 wt minion.

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a pair of the 35w. Sealed up tubeless easily with bear outdoor masking tape from bunnings, some valves out of an old tube and some sealant.

Very stiff wheelset. Came with spare spokes and nipples.

Here are a couple of pics next to a flow mk3 wheel for comparison. Both running a 2.5 wt minion.

How do they feel? Width looks more like what i need.