27.5" fork, tapered, 120-150mm travel and a 20mm axle

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
So brains trust can you help me out? I need the following:

Tapered fork (I could live with a straight jobbie)
27.5" wheel size
Travel anywhere from 120-150mm
A 20mm axle.

It's all for a potential British steel hard tail build :)

moorey

call me Mia
Fox 36, or marzocchi might be your only tapered 20mm option. I have tapered 20mm revs, but 26"

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
If you can find an X-Fusion vengeance, or even a metric, they're easily travel adjustable.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
So..27.5 forks just to keep future options open?
That is correct Moorey. But thinking about it last night has kind of swayed me to not worry about it. I have a nice set of MTX33's here ready to roll doing nothing, and a friend has some nice XC 26" wheels he doesn't use at all. I intend on doing the XC series on this bike (if it goes ahead), and do the Enduro Series on my Heckler. The Heckler is a terrible bike to race XC with (just to heavy and inefficent). It is fast on the downs, but I get stuck behind people because they kill me on the ups...

The Manitou's are actually my fall back fork. The bike will primarily be a fun trail bike, not a serious XC race machine. I really enjoy hard tails more than full suspension bikes, probably a throw back to me growing up on BMX bikes and riding them into my 20s.

I was told Fox forks tended to have clearance for 27.5 wheels, is that correct? Just a question more than anything else. That would open me to Fox 32 120-150mm forks...

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
That is correct Moorey. But thinking about it last night has kind of swayed me to not worry about it. I have a nice set of MTX33's here ready to roll doing nothing, and a friend has some nice XC 26" wheels he doesn't use at all. I intend on doing the XC series on this bike (if it goes ahead), and do the Enduro Series on my Heckler. The Heckler is a terrible bike to race XC with (just to heavy and inefficent). It is fast on the downs, but I get stuck behind people because they kill me on the ups...

The Manitou's are actually my fall back fork. The bike will primarily be a fun trail bike, not a serious XC race machine. I really enjoy hard tails more than full suspension bikes, probably a throw back to me growing up on BMX bikes and riding them into my 20s.

I was told Fox forks tended to have clearance for 27.5 wheels, is that correct? Just a question more than anything else. That would open me to Fox 32 120-150mm forks...
Highly unlikley you will get any XC type fork (ie Fox 32 120mm or similar) with a 20mm axel.

Jut sayin.......:juggle:

cobba

Likes Dirt
The Manitou's are actually my fall back fork.
Re-shim the ABS+ damper from a Jump Stack to a Trail Stack and put a lighter coil spring in the ACT Air Spring (depending on your weight).

Doing that would convert the Circus from a DJ fork to a trail/xc fork that's basically the same as a Minute Expert/LTD.

Last edited: