27.5 front and 26 rear

T-Rex

Template denier
T-Rex Junior ran 26" front and 24" rear when he was about 11 years old. Same principle, worked fine until he outgrew that frame.

moorey

call me Mia
Had contemplated trying it myself soon. Been running 26" wheels on the 27.5 spitty frame with 27.5" forks for 12 months and loving it. Spent the last month running 27.5" wheels, and have been completely underwhelmed by them, despite everyone telling me how much better it would be. Thinking of going back to 26" rear just to see what it rides like.
Back in the day (2002/3) ran a 24" rear on the old 222, but that was more for clearance than anything else. Won't hurt to try, a few used to run 29f/26r a couple of years ago.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Had contemplated trying it myself soon. Been running 26" wheels on the 27.5 spitty frame with 27.5" forks for 12 months and loving it. Spent the last month running 27.5" wheels, and have been completely underwhelmed by them, despite everyone telling me how much better it would be. Thinking of going back to 26" rear just to see what it rides like.
Back in the day (2002/3) ran a 24" rear on the old 222, but that was more for clearance than anything else. Won't hurt to try, a few used to run 29f/26r a couple of years ago.

Yeah dude, rake out the front and still shred some sweet cutties with the rear :whoo:

jamesb888

Likes Bikes
If I put a 26 inch wheel on my 27.5 bike would the geometry feel weird and off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I put a 26 inch wheel on my 27.5 bike would the geometry feel weird and off
Theoretically if you did 2 26" wheels you'd lower your BB and centre of gravity by 1.9cm, but the geometry would stay the same. If you were to do 26" at front OR rear only, then it might make the bike handle a little differently. I can't see the point of having a 26" at the front, but at the rear It might be good if you want a slacker head angle, and probably wouldn't change the pedalling of the bike much since it is such a small change in height. a 26" rear would also allow wider tyres in most cases (and more clearance for mud).

mitchy_

Llama calmer
i went ass about, 27.5 front and 29 rear... :lol:

it depends on what outcome you want from it... a smaller rear wheel is going to give you a lower BB, slacker head tube and seat tube, as well as possible snappier response due to a small and usually lighter wheel.