27.5 is dead

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. One bike cannot do it all.

26, 27.5 and 29 here.

All have their strengths and weaknesses. Depending on the location and how I’m feeling dictates what’s going to get ridden

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Love it! More rubber on the 26", better bang for your bucks!
Ironically... these WERE the first Surly Bud 4.8" tyres landed on Australian soil back in 2012, I had them shipped from Alaska.... I remember laughing at the time that for the 2 tyres shipped to Aus, I could have bought 4 new tyres for my missus Mitsi Lancer.

moorey

call me Mia
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. One bike cannot do it all.

26, 27.5 and 29 here.

All have their strengths and weaknesses. Depending on the location and how I’m feeling dictates what’s going to get ridden
If it were up to the industry, we wouldn’t have the choice.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
As I said before our tracks at Yack are narrow , all hand built , some tight corners require a back brake skid for maxm downhill speed.
Would def be faster on 26 ins . Its good that there is a pushback to support 26 .
Some Mc Trails elsewhere have been machine built w 29 ers in mind.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Gotta say after riding the 29er this morning, jumping on the 27.5 this arvo it felt like being on a snappy little whippet. Admittedly it is a lighter hardtail but is still a 160mm Lyriked same rubber (as the 29er) no holds bike. 27.5 still has a very useful role to play.

Will be interesting to see how a 26" Dirt Jumper feels when I get around to grabbing one.

slowmick

38-39"
Went into Yarra Valley Cycles this morning to look at all the pretty things this morning. You could be forgiven for thinking that no one released any 27.5 bikes for 2020...