27.5 is dead

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I'm looking at both 27.5 and 29ers for my next bike. 27.5 offers a slacker angle and longer travel but considering what I have now, even a 65 degree head angle is really slack!

And yes one of the bikes is 'full retard' according to an earlier poster..

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
The new bronson and tranny scout got glowing reviews, both 27.5’.
Nothing’s dead until people stop buying the new stuff

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I wonder if anyone has considered making 700b wheels and tyres for a modern trail bike? Seems like the perfect compromise.

moorey

call me Mia
I wonder if anyone has considered making 700b wheels and tyres for a modern trail bike? Seems like the perfect compromise.
Oh really? Seems like an answer to a question no one has asked. Remind me what diameter the 700 wheels are again?

PJO

in me vL comy
Oh balls, I thought they were 28" wheels.
They are but they're bigger than 29" (700C), who would've thought!

The new wheel size should be 700D (which is 583mm BSD). This will really fuck with the market because it is only 1mm smaller than the 650B!

moorey

call me Mia
They are but they're bigger than 29" (700C), who would've thought!

The new wheel size should be 700D (which is 583mm BSD). This will really fuck with the market because it is only 1mm smaller than the 650B!
I think not. 700 (622mm diameter) wheels are 29”. Don’t confuse the ERD with total wheel size. I’m describing that badly though.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Surely a bunch of you old blokes were running or knew people running mixed 26" front 24" rear bikes back in he early 2000's. I wanna hear about those days, what was the attitude towards mullet bikes then?

moorey

call me Mia
Surely a bunch of you old blokes were running or knew people running mixed 26" front 24" rear bikes back in he early 2000's. I wanna hear about those days, what was the attitude towards mullet bikes then?
My 222 rocked 24” rear. Allowed me to slacken geo without the rear wheel hitting seat tube.

Also, my current alpine is a mullet

PJO

in me vL comy
I think not. 700 (622mm diameter) wheels are 29”. Don’t confuse the ERD with total wheel size. I’m describing that badly though.
My point was that 700B (635mm BSD diameter) that @HamboCairns was referring to are bigger than 700C, yet the 700B are labelled as 28".
The 29" label for 700C is an MTB thang.

PJO

in me vL comy
I always get confused with the mullet description, because I visualise it as short (small) at the front and long (big) at the back. So I tend to think of these:

Funnily enough I saw one of these being ridden at my local trails just the other day, that guy had some serious skills to stay upright!!

moorey

call me Mia
My point was that 700B (635mm BSD diameter) that @HamboCairns was referring to are bigger than 700C, yet the 700B are labelled as 28".
The 29" label for 700C is an MTB thang.
B and C refers to width, not diameter.

unless I’m grossly misinformed for the first time ever.