275 Intense Carbine

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been looking at the Intense Cabine since they were released but when they included the 27.5 in the line up I new it was time to get one. I just finished building it up to replace a Giant Reign. I have always owned 6inch bikes and love them but this is the first Carbon bike I have owned. I was thinking about running a chain guide until I saw the new XX1 cranks and chain ring. The new XX1 chainring has different thickness teath and retains the chain. Combine the XX1 with the new type 2 derailleur and my chain will stay put.

Took it out for its first ride today and it is unbelievable! It so much better than any of the other 6inch bikes I have owned.

A big thank you goes to Adrian at Belrose Bikes and Matt from Monza! Thanks boys!

Frame - Intense Carbine 275
Rear shock - FOX CTD
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Revalations 120/150mm
Handlebars - Deity Black Labels 750mm
Stem - ENVE
Headset - King
Grips - Jet Black
Saddle - Fizik Gobi
Seatpost - KS LEV
Front brake - XO
Rear brake - XO
Cranks - Sram XX1
Chain - 10 speed hollow pin
Pedals - Shimano XT trails
Rear derailleur - Sram XO
Rear shifter - Sram XO
Cassette - Sram XO 11-36 10speed
Front rim - Sram Rise 40
Rear rim - Sram Rise 40
Spokes - Bladded
Tubes - Tubeless
Total weight - 12.4kg

Attachments

Last edited:

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very nice build.

Do you think you'd find the chain bouncing off down rocky sections? I've never ridden a single ring without a guide but am considering it.

MB

Intense Australia
Very nice build.

Do you think you'd find the chain bouncing off down rocky sections? I've never ridden a single ring without a guide but am considering it.
Hell yeah that's badass!! Loving the Red Dave, looks mint!

@BMX - I've been running this exact setup for a few months now and haven't dropped a chain once. There's heaps of tension in the type 2 mech that works together with the intermittent sized teeth on the XX1 ring to hold it all together nicely. No need for a guide.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very nice build.

Not at all BMX. Have you used a type 2 derailleur?? The spring tension is out of this world! Also the XX1 chainring is totally different to standard chain rings. It has been designed with single chainring/no chain guide in mind. Get on the XX1 as its awesome!

Hell yeah that's badass!! Loving the Red Dave, looks mint!

@BMX - I've been running this exact setup for a few months now and haven't dropped a chain once. There's heaps of tension in the type 2 mech that works together with the intermittent sized teeth on the XX1 ring to hold it all together nicely. No need for a guide.
Cheers moonman! I am stoked with it, there is nothing I would change! Cant wait to race it at the all mountain race at Thredbo! Hopefully we can catch up in Bright for a Beer, there on me!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
That red is just awesome ...

Perfect. Was in need of a new derailleur, shall invest. Cheers
Just remember its a system so all parts work together to complete the system. getting one part isn't enough.

May also want to look at a couple of reviews ...

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is a lot closer than I was expecting for the rear tyre. I will convert mine to 650b soon, just waiting for some money to arrive to buy the wheels. I assume you are using the 650b dropouts?

Bike of the month is going to be hard again.

debeer

Likes Dirt
Really nice build mate, need some csixx goodness slapped across that drivetrain. I normally gag at anything that not 26!

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty sure OP isn't taking any chances and already has some thin clear vinyl on there... Be safe and get one :)
So do I, But after 6 months and quite a bit of racing I don't have a single mark after the built in leather section.