29/650b section in complete bikes for sale

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
As it becomes more necessary, I dare say we'll implement something relating to wheel sizes but we'll hang off until then. ;)

mxh

Likes Dirt
And just to add to this - there's a lot of 650b Trail / All Mountain bikes out there. Where do they go - "29ers & 650b" or "Trail Bikes / Gravity Enduro"?

Not the end of the world, but maybe time for a rejig of the categories.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Just a suggestion:

- Sort sections by front travel up to 120mm and rigid, 120-150 and then 150+.
- Then make standardised titles. for example: LG 100HT 29 XTC CF 2009 VS MD 140FS 27.5 Commencal Meta Al 2014. Make it easier to read straight up and means you can quickly identify what you want rather than trawling through and finding out someone is selling a uncicyle.

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As it becomes more necessary, I dare say we'll implement something relating to wheel sizes but we'll hang off until then. ;)
I forgot I posted in here but I was thinking that the wheel size section just makes things more confusing. Perhaps I'm missing something but I reckon remove it.

DJR

Likes Dirt
I think it's confusing. If i have an all mountain 650b for sale, do i put it in 650b/29 and Trail / GE categories as a double listing?

I think it should just be linked in as the "type" of bike and wheel size should go in the description/title?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Update time! We're going to get rid of the wheel size specific stuff for complete bikes. For now, I'm going to try t merge the 650 and 29er section into the trail / enduro bike section. I'll ask that anyone who has a bike listed that has been moved and need it elsewhere (hardtail, downhill etc) to contact us about moving it to the right forum. ;)

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Hey Dozer, I've often thought you could do the sections by rear suspension travel, ie Hardtail, 0-110mm, 110-140mm, 140-160mm, etc, or whatever travel grouping people think works best.

Would certainly stop the cross posting.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Hey Dozer, I've often thought you could do the sections by rear suspension travel, ie Hardtail, 0-110mm, 110-140mm, 140-160mm, etc, or whatever travel grouping people think works best.

Would certainly stop the cross posting.
Then sub sections for stem length and colour.

It's to muddled the way it is now.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Then sub sections for stem length and colour.

It's to muddled the way it is now.
Watchoo talkin' about Willis?

I am suggesting simplifying it by getting rid of all the other categories, and just using rear travel. Simpler, less muddled.