29+ Pike Airshaft Anomaly

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
OK...here's a weird one. Changing the fork internals on my Trek Full Stache from 130 mm travel to 140 mm travel (2018 Pike 29+). My mechanic called me to say that he'd removed the original air shaft and found it was marked as a 29er 120 mm shaft. Is this a peculiarity of the plus sized fork? Following this logic, if I install the 140 mm shaft I have, will my fork then be 150 mm travel? Anyone able to shed some light?

Cheers Muz.

Z

Zaf

You sold a Nicolai G13 to go to a Trek Full Stache?!
You're supposed to just buy a Porsche and date someone half your age!!
'
On topic:
It could just be a misprint on the shaft, can you compare the length of the air shaft between 29+ 120mm and the 29 140mm to see the difference in length?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
You're both weirdos. How can you both like Nicolais and Treks. It's unnatural.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
You sold a Nicolai G13 to go to a Trek Full Stache?!
You're supposed to just buy a Porsche and date someone half your age!!
LOL... No, I sold a Nicolai G13 (along with other things) and bought a Pole Evolink 140 and a Trek Full Stache.

Z

Zaf

LOL... No, I sold a Nicolai G13 (along with other things) and bought a Pole Evolink 140 and a Trek Full Stache.
I honestly still feel regret that I didn't buy that G13.
I have a pair of Bontrager Line 40's Carbon's that I've been lazy trying to sell. I got them for the Slash, but they're just too wide for non-plus tyres and sidewalls expose too much; other than 150km (rear rim) and then about another 300km on the front (ran the front for a while longer before going back to my alloys completely) they're untouched. A few little rock nicks from Alice Springs and that's it.

I still have them because part of me wants to try again with some 2.6" rubbers, but given that the G15 will be here soon and the Slash is going to move on...I just doubt that'll ever happen. Anyway, offer if you're interested, even have a wheelbox I can ship them in at the moment.