2DIEs bikes

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just waiting for some money at the moment, the guy is coming to pick the bikes up in the weekend but he pulled out on buying the blue Fuji.

I'll likely go with the SLX brakes but I'm not 100% sure yet as they are nearly as much as the bike they are going on.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Correction...they are nearly as much as the other components they are going with to make a bike...

Did you have a look through the sales section here? There seems a few brakes in the garage sales.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Nah I haven't had a look but I will.

I have a Shimano front brake that was removed from a new bike, I'm not sure what model it is though but it's probably not very good if they replaced it while it's still new.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I got some 2.3" Kenda K-Rad tyres ($17ea and free shipping), just got back from a ride and they feel awesome.

Ran into problems pumping the tyres up though because of the French valve and adaptor, the digital pump at the servo won't pump any air into it no matter what I tried (PSI setting and inflate from flat). I ended up taking them to a friends house and he had a dodgy set up we used just by pressing the air gun tight against the adapter, they still need more air and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it yet.

Changed my Marzocchi Drop Off Comp forks for RockShox Tora 302 forks, I like the Marzocchi forks better but the RockShox squeak less than the Marzocchi. I'll have to get some new forks oneday as every set I've bought used to save money are duds apart from one pair that I sold with a bike.

Bought some new pads for the Hayes Nine brakes but also bought some Shimano SLX M7000 brakes as well, I haven't put the new brakes on yet as there is oil on the discs. Would wax and grease remover do a good job at removing the oil from discs? That's all I have here at the moment that I could use.

A few small problems on my ride.. rear brake with oil on the disc and practically down to metal.. (new brakes to go on soon though), the seat was too low but that's a easy fix.. and on a few gear changes the cranks would slip like half a turn before the chain would grab again, anyone know why this might be? I have a new chain that I haven't put on yet but I was wondering if it could be something else? I'll do some youtube searches but hopefully someone here might be able to help, I can post some close ups if needed.

Eventually I'd like some bars with more rise and a differnt seat but I want to get everything else running smooth first.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Grind the top of the Presta valve adaptor down until it sits slightly higher than the unscrewed section of the Presta valve itself.

The Schrader fitting needs to push down slightly on the valve to open it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Or...just get some shrader valves. If the rims aren't wide enough, drill them out. I can't remember the width, someone will know. It's an easy job.

With the forks, save up your cash and grab a set of the Manitou circus from crc. The top of the line ones are usually on sale for under $400 and are a good fork for the money. These have a 20mm axle though. I'm not sure what your front wheel details are?

What are the finer details of the Marzocchi forks? Any chance of a clear pic? Might be I know someone that will take them and give you a head start on that manitou savings account.

Time to turf those shitty brakes before they fuck up your rotors. Get the new ones on and enjoy some bike boners! For the "oil" I think you'll be talking about a dot brake fluid. I've successfully cleaned that shit off rotors by using a brake cleaner from the auto shop. I sprayed it on, scrubbed the rotor with a fresh nylon scourer, rinsed, repeat, repeat, repeat...after a while I felt I'd done it enough and buffed the rotor with a fresh cloth rag. It was shiny and new and worked.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I have some tubes with the shader valves that I bought by mistake first but I didn't want to drill the rims, I think it's 10mm from memory when I was looking into doing that. If I can't end up pumping them up at the servo I'll probably do it though.

The Marzocchi just say Drop Off Comp, I like them but they are really squeaky and I think they might need a service or something but I couldn't find info for them. They still have the clear protective stickers over the top of the stickers, anyway I'll see if I can take a pic and upload it in a few mins.

I might do the brakes on the weekend, I bought a kit with the funnel and oil and stuff and watched about a dozen videos how to do it but I just keep putting it off.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The brakes are pretty straight forward.

Shame those forks are qr. A service for fresh oil and seals shouldn't be too expensive or difficult. I'd imagine (being Marzocchi) it is a lot simpler than most other forks.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I got some 50mm rise bars today, black 2014 Deity bars but they are still brand new in the packaging. They look like a negative of the white bars I had on the Diamondback BSX.

They weren't really in the budget for this pay but they were going for reasonably cheap.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Picked up another bike today (traded it for other stuff) but I don't know if I'll keep it.

29" Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc, I wad told it's 2015 but I think it might be 2014.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
That's quite a change of pace from your usual styles. It might have some useful parts?
Nah I don't think there isn't really anything worth grabbing from it, I might be swapping it for a 26" DMR Transition (a green one) but no forks come with the DMR.

Yesterday was my first ride on a 29er, with the balls of my feet on the pedals the front wheel hits my shoes (size 15) when I turn. I've never had that problem with a 26" or even a 20" BMX, I can stop it by putting my feet back a bit but it feels like I'm pedaling with my toes then.

Also it's the first time I rode a bike with disc that works, the rear did very little to slow me down so I tapped the front brakes and nearly come off the bike haha.

I'm waiting for some new rotors to to put on my STP with the new brakes as the rotors in there are very thin in the middle and thick in the edges and I don't want to get uneven wear on my new pads.

I have my brother coming to visit from interstate soon and hopefully I'll have 2 bikes running so we can go for a ride together, he will also be taking the silver Norco home to fix up. But if the 29er is gone before then one of us will have to ride the single speed DMR and the other on the STP.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just remove the reflectors on the spokes. Live life on the edge.

Well done sir and hope you get out for some great riding with your brother.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

2DIE

Likes Dirt
@Crudly, I took the reflectors off just for you ;P

I usually take them off my own bikes but I was going to leave them on as I didn't plan to keep it, it does look better with them off.

I spent a few hours cleaning with a microfiber and all purpose cleaner then spray spray wax onto another microfiber and rubbed down the frame and forks with it.

Also took the wheels off and sprayed the discs and pads with brake cleaner.

It came up ok, I'm about to take it for a ride now.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Looking good mate. How many functional bikes are you up to?
Most of my bikes are gone now, the STP is functional but I won't ride it until I get new rotors, the 29er is functional but might be going shortly. Then I just have a parts bike and the Norco that my brother is taking.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bike looks good. I reckon you might be ripping yourself off in the trade for the DMR. Make sure the other party flips you some cash as well.

What wax did you use for that shine? My bikes are looking pretty dull with all the dust here. I threw some cut polish on them a while back and they were fresh for about 20 minutes...