2DIEs bikes

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I used Finish Kare FK 425
https://www.zas.com.au/product/327/finish_kare_fk_425_ultra_slick_poly_wipe_spray_detailer_38l.html

I have lots of different spray waxes and hard waxes but the FK 425 has anti static properties which attracts less dust (supposedly).

A few pics of the DMR with my shot Drop Off forks and bros cheapie RTS DJ forks.

I didn't ask for anything extra even though I know he got the better end of the deal but I'll probably hit him up some time to lace some wheels for me to make up for the difference.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I forgot to ad that those are my old bars and stem that I sold to him a while ago, now I got them back with a with the bike.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I did a but of cleaning but I'll probably pull everything apart and clean it properly and put it back together again soon.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Got my new rotors for the STP today, unfortunately one of the front disc torx bolt heads was stripped so I haven't put the front on yet, both bikes need to be running before the weekend. I also did a little more cleaning.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Got the front rotor off and put the new one on, I have a mate that's small engine mechanic that had the bolt out in about a minute.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Shortened the brakes cables and bleeded the brakes, I just have to reroute the front derailier cable to finish up the bikes and it's all done. Just got back from a ride as is.

My brother cancelled for this weekend but is coming to visit next weekend, unfortunately the other bike (DMR) won't be finished by then due to gearing issues.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Cheers, I'm pretty happy with the STP now.

I picked up a white Rhyno Lite rim for $10 today and I have a new friend (the guy I got the DMR from) that said he will lace it to the Halo rear hub for me, I also have a black front Rhyno Lite that I'll put on the DMR too.

A little bit of a miss match of rims but the ones on it currently look like they are from a Kmart bike in the 90s.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Gave the guy the wheels off the DMR and the white Rhyno Lite to lace the Halo hub to it for me.

I ordered a Halo 14T sprocket and the Halo sprocket removal tool, then I realized I might not be able to get a 30T chainring on the front as they usually space inwards a little more with threads in the chainring and it's already very close to the chainstay. So I asked to change to a 15T but they don't make one so I asked again if they can send a 16T instead and I'll go 34T on the front.

I really can't wait until both bikes are finished, they have been keeping broke for ages.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Got the Rhyno Lites and Kenda K-Rads on the DMR today.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Seat post aside, that looks good. The white on green is sweet.

Could you give me a few close ups of the rear hub please? Especially how it is mounted into the drop outs.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Seat post aside, that looks good. The white on green is sweet.

Could you give me a few close ups of the rear hub please? Especially how it is mounted into the drop outs.
I ordered the seatpost at the bike shop unseen and without knowing how much as I needed it for when my brother came over so it's ridable. It's made pretty bad too and the cast aluminium at the top has a piece of slag hanging off it as well. It also cost $40... that and a chain and a few spacers I needed come to about $80. I wasn't happy about the price but I thought the bike would be up and running before my brother was here but once I had it all together I realized the gearing made it unable to ride.

The Hub is the Halo DJD Bush Drive, there is also a DJD Supa Drive. The Bush Drive has 30 clicks and the Supa Drive has 120 clicks per rotation.

Here are some pics of the hub and how it mounts, I'd like to get those things that mount to the axel and tension the chain too but I don't know what they are called. I might look into it next pay.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Ya sorta want to push the seat post back down a bit mate, DJ bikes aren't really made to run a seat post up so high, if you have any sort of weight about yourself, you might end up cracking the frame.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Ya sorta want to push the seat post back down a bit mate, DJ bikes aren't really made to run a seat post up so high, if you have any sort of weight about yourself, you might end up cracking the frame.
I put the seat down to about half of what it was, my knees are a couple inches higher than the handlebars at the top of pedal rotation like that now though.

I know every dirt jumper has the seat slammed and they never use it, I'm not into dirt jumping but I like them because the feel like a big BMX but at 6'6 a BMX is too small for me.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks for the pics. Do you have any trouble with the rear hub slipping in the frame? One of my friends has a similar bolt up system and suffers slippage at the most inconvenient times. Which is the reason I asked for the close up as it appeared you had a similar set up.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I put the seat down to about half of what it was, my knees are a couple inches higher than the handlebars at the top of pedal rotation like that now though.

I know every dirt jumper has the seat slammed and they never use it, I'm not into dirt jumping but I like them because the feel like a big BMX but at 6'6 a BMX is too small for me.
You need to find yourself a pump track and put the bike to real use.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the pics. Do you have any trouble with the rear hub slipping in the frame? One of my friends has a similar bolt up system and suffers slippage at the most inconvenient times. Which is the reason I asked for the close up as it appeared you had a similar set up.
I haven't ridden it properly yet but all bmxs were like that back in the day and I didn't have issues, on surfaces that contact the frame it has ripples that I guess are supposed to bite in but I'd guess that the tighter yoy crank the bolt down the more you would mark the frame.

I'll probably get these next pay although I don't know which size I need as the frame takes 14mm axels but it's using a smaller axel with adapters to 14mm like seen in the pick if the purple Halo hub.

I think 14mm would sit inside the dropout nicely but would be loose on the axel, the 10mm would be tight on the axel but loose in the dropout.