2DIEs bikes

2DIE

Likes Dirt
For some reason I can't view that link above now, I went to open it again to have a read and it says I have to pay a subscription fee.

I found this pic from my town though (Victor Harbor).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Maybe one day, this is just a little over a hour from me. I don't know if anything is closer.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messe...e/news-story/6b3711d30763e895b672e47f33e2cc27

Unfortunately I can't see anything, there's a pay wall on that link. Best way to learn basic skills and you can have rests between the laps if you're not all that fit. The only problem I find is that they use small crusher rocks on the surface here and it's almost as sharp as broken glass when you come off, it cuts you to shreds if you don't have pads on.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately I can't see anything, there's a pay wall on that link. Best way to learn basic skills and you can have rests between the laps if you're not all that fit. The only problem I find is that they use small crusher rocks on the surface here and it's almost as sharp as broken glass when you come off, it cuts you to shreds if you don't have pads on.
It was a link to a indoor pump track in Adelaide called Pumpt

https://youtu.be/vPgxlBFxnXY

Can't find much about the actual pump track though, most of the videos I can find are kids there riding scooters.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
The headset on the DMR would either have play or just tightening it up a 8th of a turn would make it it not turn freely, I pulled the bearings apart to regrease them and I think one of the bearings is no good as the inside us pitted and rough and the actual bearings are rough as well.

One looks old and busted and the other one is near new, also they are 45°/45° bearings but I think fork bearing race and top part of the headset aren't 45°.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's hard to see whats going on but looks like you have the wrong type of bearing in the top headset, unless some one has changed the top cup. The bottom looks screwed, you need a new headset.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
It's hard to see whats going on but looks like you have the wrong type of bearing in the top headset, unless some one has changed the top cup. The bottom looks screwed, you need a new headset.
The last pic the bearing is pulled up, it sits flush and is the right diamiter when it's in there.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The last pic the bearing is pulled up, it sits flush and is the right diamiter when it's in there.

Sorry, it looks right now that I've had a second look but has it got all the correct parts in the top cap.

Last edited:

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Sorry, it looks right now that I've had a second look but has it got all the parts in the top cap.
It has a compressing ring and seal and top cap, I'll have to pull the fork out again though to check the bottom crown race on the fork. I think it might be one for the standard bearings in a cage and not 45° like the integrated bearing has.

I think at minimum I need a new bearing for the bottom, but it's not much more for a whole headset from what I've seen.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It has a compressing ring and seal and top cap, I'll have to pull the fork out again though to check the bottom crown race on the fork. I think it might be one for the standard bearings in a cage and not 45° like the integrated bearing has.

I think at minimum I need a new bearing for the bottom, but it's not much more for a whole headset from what I've seen.

Yeah bottom bearing is gone with all that pitting.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I'm having trouble finding a bearing because I don't know the angle of the crown race on the forks and I also think the inner diamiter of the bearing would need to be a specific size to rest on the crown race properly.

So I looked for full headsets but have the same problem, none of them come with the crown race and none of them have the full specs of the bearings etc. Even if they did I don't know which ID I need.

I think I'll have to look out for a headset that includes a crown race as there seems like there is too many variables to go wrong.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Ah the Fire eye one says:
Crown Race: Steel

I guess it has a crown race, I might grab that on Friday as well as some chain tugs.

Flow-Rider

Burner
You can buy them from bearings places, if you take the good one down to them they'll be able to match it. Unless some one has changed the crown race it should be the same bearing.

Last edited:

2DIE

Likes Dirt
You can buy them from bearings places, if you take the good one down to them they'll be able to match it. Unless some one has changed the crown race it should be the same bearing.
Adelaide is probably the closest place that has a bearing shop, about $20-30 in fuel. But it's ok, I'll go for that $20 headset from CRC with the chain tugs when I make a order on Friday.

I'm not sure if I need anything else at this stage.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
In my experience bottom cups always come with crown races. It is an integral part of the headset.

I've had a few fire eye headsets over the years. They performed well for the money.