2DIEs bikes

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Sold the Forgotten Curse, it was trashed and neglected when I got it. I stripped it, degreased everything, cleaned everything, regreased and resembled, polished everything, put new grips on, put rubber restorer on the tyres to make them look new again.

Made a couple extra bucks to spends on bikes/parts.

I asked Standard Byke Co. If they would refund my order for the bars as I ordered them ages ago and they said it's still going to take weeks from now until they make them so I thought it's no big deal. But they have told me they don't do refunds and said they will let me know.

It's been 2 weeks since they were paid for and they said it's going to be at least another few weeks until they start on them.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That sucks about the hane bars. The no refund policy is bullshit though. If you really want the $ back lean on them gently but firmly and you'll likely win them over. If that fails just rant and rave and yell and carry on like a jerk. Sometimes that works too. You'll need to be social media savvy though.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
2015 Blank Hustla (18")
2014 MirraCo C-Low
2015 Verde AV

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I forgot to post that I changed the blue DK wheels to some Fit Bike Co double walled rims with Fit hubs and some fat tyres for a friend that wanted it, I also chucked some new grips off my own bike on it too because I felt a bit bad giving it to him with the crappy wheels and grips on it. I lost money from it but hopefully he appreciates it, this pic was the day he come to grab it.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Still having trouble with Standard Byke Co. They want to refund via PayPal when I paid with a credit card, with PayPal conversion and fees I'm guessing I'll lose about $50 of my refund. They said that it's the only way they can do the refund buy I don't know why unless their company account doesn't have the money in it for a refund. Not to mention that they requested credit card payment specifically and said they don't want to use PayPal when I made the payment.

Also, another 2015 Verde found its way into my home today.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Got a couple of projects today, a 2015 Sunday AM and a 2015 Radio Darko.

The Sunday is clear over raw and has a few chips where rust is under the paint so I plan to strip the paint and remove the rust then decide if I'll clear it again or polish it.

The radio has a few small scratches through the paint and a few areas of rust starting, it's in the bath now with citric acid. Hopefully it will be rust free tomorrow and I'll polish it up again.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
After the night in a citric acid bath.

All the rust is gone, there was a slight golden tint to some areas which I thought was permanent but it rubbed off with a little polish.

I sprayed LP1 inside all the tubes to prevent rust and to help disperse the water too.

Trying to polish the frame with Autosol is making it duller, I'm going to try some other polishes soon.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
You need to ride them to 2DIES and chuck some sic skidz
Come show me how it's done ;D

I'm too big for BMX but I love them, I really do need to get out on my mountain bike though now that it's finished and sitting there doing nothing.

I grabbed this one today, needs a little TLC but it's going to clean up nicely I reckon.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Come show me how it's done ;D

I'm too big for BMX but I love them, I really do need to get out on my mountain bike though now that it's finished and sitting there doing nothing.

I grabbed this one today, needs a little TLC but it's going to clean up nicely I reckon.

Lol! If you lived a bit closer it would have been a possibility, I will most likely be able to ride one with a layback seat post.

Sounds like you're enjoying yourself just as much fixing them up.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Where's the statue come into play?
Moat of the metal I've polished has been statues...usually states with a dick. Usually just the dick and lips...sometimes the hand/hoof/paw/butt...just really depends on the statue and how easy the restoration is.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
1st pic
Front: Duo High Street 2.4"
Rear: Elcat Fireball 2.3"

2nd pic
Front: United Direct 2.3"
Rear: United Direct 2.1"

The flash was on in the first pic but not in the 2nd, kind of looks too dark with the flash on.

I'm leaning towards leaving the United tan walls on it.

I spent about a hour cleaning the tanwall and about 5 hours cleaning the rims including wet sanding 360, 600, 1000, scotch-brite, 2000 to get all the scratches out that were deep and full of black crud on the rear.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Mate where you get all these bikes from? Seem to have high turn over
Gumtree and Facebook marketplace/gropus.

A couple I've sold the next day, one I already lined up to sell before I even bought it. But I haven't sold any for a while as I'm waiting on parts in the mail and can't buy any more until I sell one again.

There isn't really much money in it, I've sold 2 at a loss and broke even on some others. The other day from the time I left home to the time I got back home it was about 9 hours going to pick up 2 bikes and some parts. From where I am to the North of Adelaide where I've bought a few bikes is a 5 hour round trip alone.

I've been stuffed around a lot too, I the worst time was driving to Nurioopta (about 2.5 hours away) and they said they will give me the address to pick up the bike when I get into town. Got there, messaged him for the address and then was I blocked. I think some of them must be 10 year olds and their parents don't know they have it up for sale then shit when they realise someone is going to come to their house and they can't hide it from the parents so make excuses, stop replying or block you.

Also nearly every single person has been misleading or straight lying about the condition of bikes they are selling, I've started asking for pics of any damage, chips, scratches, dents, rust etc and a few have taking pics of something minor and said that's all then I drive to the city to look at the bike and ding in a tube or there is matchbox sized chips in the paint on the side that wasn't in the photo etc.

But I enjoy it as a hobby, I love BMX, they are simple and easy to work on without the need for specialty tools. If it wasn't for taking this up recently I'd just be watching movies or playing games and wasting my days unproductively.